Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark McG

Thanks to Richard Steffan

Guest enriqueo

Richard,I aplaud your decision. Spend time with your family and enjoy some leisure virtual flying. Let's allow some of these whiners to fend for themselves. remember the old latin saying.....Illigitimi..Non CarborundumEnrique

Everyone should send him an email in support of him. That may or may not change his mind. Never hurts to try. Worst he could say is no.

Eric 

Guest mark erina

Yes - I agree, everybody should send a supporting email. I am usually a "reader" of this forum rather than a contributor but this compels me to action. As a user of Steffan's navdata for some time, I echo the words of others that his contribution to this hobby is invaluable and I thank him for all his efforts. I also concur that 99.9% of the FS community feel the same way and that Steffan should not be deterred by thoughtless words of a few ingrates at the margin of this hobby. Thanks again Steffan and I sincerely hope that you give your decision to "bow out" a second thought. Cheers

Guest mikealpha

Yeah, this is really sad. What has become of this so called FS community ?But maybe Richard should not put his view on this probably few naysayers. Better think about the many simmers worldwide having uncountable hours of fun with Airliner flying and his big contribution to that.Thanks Richard Mike

http://www.scandva.org/pics/sva-logo.gifHi Richard,Thanks for all your hard work during the last years, also on behalve of all our pilots. Your continuous efforts to provide everyone with up-to-date navdata were much appreciated!I'm very sorry to see you leave, but I can fully understand. Take care,Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest ChristophIllmer

Thank you Richard!It's a shame to see you go. Your service was always much appreciated and I wish all the best for your and your family's future plans.

Richard, I am going to joing this choir of folks and add my two cents. Your work has always been just wonderful for all our add-ons. I too can't say enough how much I appreciate all the fine additions you have added to our hobby.I respect your decision, but would hope that for the general good of the community who really appreciate your tireless efforts you would re-consider. Yes I know that a few people have made comments that are so out of line and off base. Please ignor these morons that complain about any thing, and offer nothing themselves.I hope that on this American holiday where we give thanks, that you would take this small token of thanks from all of us. Again, just let me say THANKS to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bob Johnson

Guest thscholz

Richard,thank you very, very much for your work!I can understand your decision. When you put so much time and effort into doing something for free in your spare time, and then some ... comes and bashes you, I understand that you think "Kiss my ...".Maybe, if there is any chance that you re-consider, I could give you a helping hand for the next cycles. I'm a programmer and live in Vienna.Servus aus WienThomas

All I echo your sentiments precisely. I have just had an email from Richard.I would like to add this to your post if I may.Apart from your description of the persons concerned I would like to add the followingselfish, unthinking, uncaring, impatient, selfcentered, moronic, childishand thats just for starters.The persons concerned know who they are (note I do not use the word people?) and because of the abrasive and contemptable actions of a few , the whole sim community has been deprived of an excellent FREE - yes you cretinous morons - FREE service provided by a guy who tried his best for a hobby he loves.Is there one of your despicable number with the guts or knowhow to replace Richards service? I doubt it very much because you are all probably too busy whinging about some other FREE service which doesnt appear right on time to suit your immature little egos or minds!It would do the whole sim community a great service if Richard published the names of his detractors. If I could call you all #### in this forum then I would..but I cant, so I wont.Rob GrantBrisbaneAustraliaYMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Guest thscholz

>Everyone should send him an email in support of him. That may>or may not change his mind. Never hurts to try. Worst he could>say is no.Eric, maybe it would be a better idea to make a huuuuuuuge list of all the simmers who support and appreciate Richard's work and send him that list rather than sending him thousands of emails.And then there could be a very small list with those >>>censored<<< who don't appreciate his efforts.That would make two emails.What do you all think about this?GreetingsThomas

Guest mvf1981

Just a thought.I know that decisions have been made, and I fully support Richards actions, after all he spent his free time trying to help others and a small minority spoilt it for everyone.However, maybe a registration service could be set up so good people could register and all of the trouble makers could be left to fend for themselves!Even maybe for a small fee, if the cost of running a registration login user system is costly to run? (I for one would not mind paying a reasonable amount of money if I had to, for such a wonderfull service.)((preferablly a one off to register? as trouble makers could be banned!))Like I said this is a thought only.and I mentioned it because it will be very hard for us to rebuild the work that Richard has spent countless hours on in the past.Mark.

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Quit posting here about it and send your feelings and thanks directly to Richard.Perhaps the 10,000 to 1 ratio of thanks notes to complaints notes will change his mind.Ray

Guest Paragon

I'm not so sure about that being such a good idea...I mean, I wouldn't want 10.000 emails or even a 1000 in one day...would you. I'm all for doing something to show that we care, but everyone sending an email is not the answer imho.

I reckon people should leave him alone and let him get on with it. He has decided to make the break (again!) and once again everyone has gone into a tiz to try and persuade him to change his mind.The work he has done is appreciated by many but if he has had enough - so be it. The data we have is accurate enough for what we want to do - I mean it's not life or death to have accurate fixes and nav details. At the end of the day you take off from one airport, tap the table as humdrum sets in for the cruise then land at another airport. The airports don't move so what does it matter if a fix or two is not exactly where it should be.Face it guys - Richard has packed up his bat and ball and gone home. We can still play without him.Andy Brisbane Australia

Oh the thought of having to fly with old nav data :-( (the little yellow face says it all) I wish I had the skills to continue the Wonderful service Richard provided :-( Anyway now you have more time to spend with your family. Good luck Richard. :-)Andrew