Sign in to follow this  
caddieca

New and not sure

Hi...

After reading many reviews I finally went ahead and got fscrew for my ngx. It downloaded and installed fine. However, when i launched the config it doesnt recognize that my sp1c is installed. It will not enable the voice or button control programs. I get an error that it cannot rewrite the panel.cfg. I have reinstalled the sp1c and the fscrew, also i have taken off the UAC like it suggests. Still it wont see that i, in fact, do have the service pack installed. Any suggestions to clear up this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

People,

Please don't use cracked and pirated versions of FS2Crew for the NGX.

We can easily tell who is using pirated versions and who isn't.

Pirated/cracked versions often contain all sorts of trojans/spyware/junk that render the software and FSX unstable.

Caddieca above was caught and is now permanently banned from Avsim, and he is about to face other problems.

Caddieca above was caught and is now permanently banned from Avsim, and he is about to face other problems.

What do you mean by other problems?

Caddieca above was caught and is now permanently banned from Avsim, and he is about to face other problems

Beware the knock on your door at 0600

Rog Hanson

Rog Hanson

Guest Raul_Hernandez

:lol:

I did once read of a guy moaning on another forum because he had 'downloaded' a PMDG plane from a pirate site, and installed it ........ it had then deleted lots of Windows core files!!! (It was allegedly a PMDG plant).

Needless to say this jerk did not get a lot of sympathy.....

....good on PMDG I say, why not fight back against piracy!

And certainly for a one man operation like Fs2crew and someone who works as hard as Bryan, offering brilliant products and support, piracy is just about as low as you can get.

I'm still shaking my head after reading this post . My god . Byork . You are suppose to be representing a company of a product you developed and you talk like a criminal yourself . How old are you ? As for planting virus's in a software that is sold is a crime in itself . In a court of law PMDG would be liable for damages . So I ask the question ? Is fighting a criminal act with a criminal act right ? Knee capping and horses heads , My God . Wake up people . No wonder this world is going to hell .

David Wain

Edited by toranamadman

Knee capping and horses heads , My God . Wake up people . No wonder this world is going to hell .

David,

Flightsim is a "hobby" style business. We're not a stuffy Wall Street investment bank :P . We try to keep things light and humorous as much as possible. We want people to have fun.

I of course don't knee cap people as if I was some sort of "Flight Sim para-military" from Northern Ireland. And I don't think Robert Randazzo is a member of the Italian American mob (but you never know :O )

But if we catch you pirating our software, we'll take steps to protect ourselves. This is our livelihood.

Unfortunately a lot of people have very lax attitudes toward piracy.

They would never steal of Chocolate bar or a Coke from a 7-11, but they won't think twice about stealing a $50 product over the internet.

There's a guy on a major Pirate site...

He buys a lot of flightsim software with his own money, and then he gives it all away on the internet.

Why he does this, who knows...

But I'd like to find out where he lives, and throw all his possessions onto the street that he worked hard for, and then let everyone just steal them.

I somehow don't think he'd like that very much... but that's basically what he's doing to us and all the other FS developers.

Note to the FS2Crew pirates:

We know who you are, and if you decide to pirate our software that we worked very hard to create, at least do the decent thing and support us and purchase the product.

Also, please don't send us support emails. A lot of pirated software has been tampered with. We can't support products that have been illegally altered by 3rd parties.

I'm still shaking my head after reading this post . My god . Byork . You are suppose to be representing a company of a product you developed and you talk like a criminal yourself . How old are you ? As for planting virus's in a software that is sold is a crime in itself . In a court of law PMDG would be liable for damages . So I ask the question ? Is fighting a criminal act with a criminal act right ? Knee capping and horses heads , My God . Wake up people . No wonder this world is going to hell .

David Wain

Yea i agree with you about bryon on the knee capping no way i would ever conscent to that way of justice, personally bryan got it wrong if he knee caps the people they are still able to walk and still work on the pc. if it were me i would hand cap them Just%20Kidding.gif that way they unable to use their hands for their work. As for planting the virus think you havnt heard of pc software protection where in some cd you cant copy the cd and thats the only way to fight the criminals nowdays is to use their methods. So if you dont like the idea than i suggest you start your own company and see how you like when people start stealing from you you be the first person jumping up and down

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PC software protection and a virus are 2 different things . Software protection makes it impossible to copy the software where a virus is harmfull . I don't condone piracy in anyway . I do understand that stealing software is as good as robbing a 7-11 for example . I am quite smart enough to realise that for the time of development of any software done in the FS payware community can take a hell of a lot of unit sales just to cover the time and additional cost for development . That's why we have law enforcement to catch these people not to go out of our way to take the law into our own hands . I do have full respect and admiration to all developers for the effort and time they do put in and sell there product to us at such a low cost .

David Wain

Maybe I should "knee cap" a pirate...

Forget groups like the 'Ulster Defence Association'... FS2Crew is the new law in town...

Imagine the free publicity I'd get... :P

Seriously, I agree with everything you say, David.

FS2Crew reports pirates via the appropriate legal channels.