Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

VIOLENTJERKING WHEN ENGAGEING HEADING SWITCH

Hello, anybody know why when you click the heading switch to engage instead of gentley moving around to the inputed direction it jerks big time then starts to turn just like the captain sim 767,why is that?my other planes don,t.thanksjames.

They had that problem in the iFLy but cured it in the SP update.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It should never ever do that. Roll rate is controlled. Experiencing stutters etc when this happens ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Mine does that too but only when a large change in heading is commanded from LNAV, if you line up the heading indicator to within 5 degrees of your LNAV path then press Heading Select it is much smoother.

i have the same problem,but if heading select is already selected then dial in new heading the turn is smooth, but wonder why its jerky when hitting the hd select also seems to bank a lot faster as well

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

The violent jolt when you engage the heading switch is still very bad, 5 degrees away from the course before engaging makes it smoother but you should not have to do that,if you are coming up to the turn with APP engaged it is so bad it nearley chucks me out of the plane?.......

It should never ever do that. Roll rate is controlled. Experiencing stutters etc when this happens ?
I get this too... my PC is butter smooth @ 4.4GHz. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I've disabled realistic A/P engagement. Usually though I mostly coordinated so there shouldn't be a jolt. I'll try to grab a video of it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have to say I've experienced some jerkiness when engaging VOR LOC. No stutters either when this happened.

Guest Tamadeez

Yeah this defs is an issue that needs to be SP'd.

I get this too... my PC is butter smooth @ 4.4GHz. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I've disabled realistic A/P engagement. Usually though I mostly coordinated so there shouldn't be a jolt. I'll try to grab a video of it.
Yeah, I don't have the issue and I've got realistic A/P engagement enabled. Hmm.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I get a "jolt" too when initiating a large heading change. For example, flying straight and level with ALT HOLD, HDG SEL, MCP SPD.... then turn on CWS and keep it flying straight ahead/wings level, then change heading 90 degrees to the right and engage HDG SEL... this results in a violent jerk when initiating the roll right, like its going from 0 bank to 5 degree bank almost instantly, instead of very smoothly. In the real world I don't even think its physical possibility to have such a violent instantaneous roll without ripping the wings off. Also the CWS feature that reverts to wings level at small bank angles (less that 2 degrees?) seems to be a little violent too, IMHO.

Matthew S

I attempted to make a video... but it doesn't really portray what I'm seeing when playing in game (it's more jerky than what the vid shows). Obviously I wouldn't go back and forth between LNAV and heading mode but I repeated it over and over to show the issue.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

just tried with the unrealistic a/p and still got the jerkiness,maybe pmdg can offer a suggestion.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750