Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

NGX reverse on saitek proflight

How do I set the reverse on my saitek proflight throttle for the NGX? I assigned the engine quick decrease (F2 key) to one of the throttle lower end of the axis position and set the slider to repeat but can't manage to put the plane in full reverse. Thanks in advance for the help Karim

I got a slider on my X52 set to three band operation via Saitek's software: upper band does nothing, middle band is F1, and lower band is F2. That works ok for me. Check your setup. If you're using FSUIPC, that may be the culprit.

Cristi Neagu

Thanks Christi ! Indeed, I installed the programming tool of saitek and bingo I managed to make it work. What didn't work for me is using the default FSX control assignement

Interesting... I set mine with FSUIPC and it works fine. Did you try setting up a 'profile' in FSUIPC? That's what I did. I find the Saitek drivers a real resource hog.

Thanks Phil. Haven't yet tried it via FSUIPC. I didn't noticed that the saitek drivers consumed resources. I'll have a look at itBestKarim

Interesting... I set mine with FSUIPC and it works fine. Did you try setting up a 'profile' in FSUIPC? That's what I did. I find the Saitek drivers a real resource hog.
Bingo. And set the "Throttle cut" command to trigger when the button is released. Glad you're back Phil.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have x52pro, and I did mine with FSUIPC in such a way that after the idle detente, it becomes reverse. So all I need to do is move the throttle all the way to the idle detente, hold it there for a sec and when I hear the 'click' sound, I gradually go all the way past the detente. and it's in reverse. But if I don't wait before going all the way, the thrust reversers open, but no thrust, no sound of the engine.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Is there any harm to using FSUIPC to control the throttle in the NGX? I ask because PMDG specifically "warns" us not to assign axis controls via FSUIPC, and for the most part I am complying by having FSX handle my yoke and pedals. However, I was running into a problem with getting a steady reverse thrust on my CH products Pro Throttle (I assign one of the buttons to reverse, it has no reverse detent) via FSX's control and calibration, so I have assigned the throttle to FSUIPC where the calibration is more accurate, and as a result I have working reverse. But I fear that by using FSUIPC it can interfere with the way PMDG has programmed the various stages of idle thrust, i.e. flight, approach, and ground idle.Everytime I touch down, I have to wait about 5 seconds or more after the nose wheel touches down for idle thrust to finally register and for reverse to work.

Well, Simon said in that awesome thread of his, full reverse is not immediatly available since the aircraft wait for the sleeves to deploy fully. This might account for the delay you experience.

Understood, but I have seen some videos where others are able to deploy the sleeves/thrust reverse much quicker, not sure if that is attributed to my using FSUIPC for throttle vs. PMDG's recommendation to use FSX or the driver software for axis assignment/calibration. I would use FSX's control assignment for the throttle axis, but then I'd have the OP's problem with intermittent reverse.

I have setup my X52 Pro up the following way and it works very well for all my PMDG Planes. I use the same setup for the 747-400, MD-11 and NGX. All the basic controls are at my finger tips and the only time I have to use the keyboard is to talk to ATC. The rest I can do with the mouse. Throttle Throttle Hat - Controls all Trimming of AircraftButton 8 - Auto Pilot Disconnect (Set to Red Color)Button 7 - Auto Throttle Disconnect (Set to Red Color)Button 16 - Not AssignedButton 31 - Arm / Disarm Spoilers (Set to Red Color)Y Rotation - FlapsX Rotation - Speed Brakes Stick Pov 1 - View Left - Right - Foward - BackPov 2 - Controls Zooming in and Out and resetting to Default Zoom and Eye PresetsButton 1 - Thrust ReversersButton 2 - Go Around (Set to Red Color)Button - 3 Engage Auto Pilot (Set to Green Color)Button - 4 Engage LNAV (Set to Green Color)Button - 5 Landing GearButton - 6 Turn Landing Lights On/OffButton - 15 Not AssignedToggle 9 - Release Parking BrakeToggle 10 - Engage Parking BrakeToggle 11 - Increase Auto BrakesToggle 12 - Decrease Auto BrakesToggle 13 - Brings up Activesky Xgauge PanelToggle 14 - Brings up FSX Map I Assign the Red Color to Buttons that Disengage and Green to Buttons that Engage.

I have setup my X52 Pro up the following way and it works very well for all my PMDG Planes. I use the same setup for the 747-400, MD-11 and NGX. All the basic controls are at my finger tips and the only time I have to use the keyboard is to talk to ATC. The rest I can do with the mouse. Throttle Throttle Hat - Controls all Trimming of AircraftButton 8 - Auto Pilot Disconnect (Set to Red Color)Button 7 - Auto Throttle Disconnect (Set to Red Color)Button 16 - Not AssignedButton 31 - Arm / Disarm Spoilers (Set to Red Color)Y Rotation - FlapsX Rotation - Speed Brakes Stick Pov 1 - View Left - Right - Foward - BackPov 2 - Controls Zooming in and Out and resetting to Default Zoom and Eye PresetsButton 1 - Thrust ReversersButton 2 - Go Around (Set to Red Color)Button - 3 Engage Auto Pilot (Set to Green Color)Button - 4 Engage LNAV (Set to Green Color)Button - 5 Landing GearButton - 6 Turn Landing Lights On/OffButton - 15 Not AssignedToggle 9 - Release Parking BrakeToggle 10 - Engage Parking BrakeToggle 11 - Increase Auto BrakesToggle 12 - Decrease Auto BrakesToggle 13 - Brings up Activesky Xgauge PanelToggle 14 - Brings up FSX Map I Assign the Red Color to Buttons that Disengage and Green to Buttons that Engage.
For me (also X52pro), I used the SST programming to assign 99% of my buttons, so I'm able to use the mode 1 and the mode 1 + pinkie, so here goes: Stick POV 1: Pitch trim, Roll trimPOV1+Pinkie: Rudder trimPOV2 normal: Left = VNAV, Right = LNAV, UP = Alt Hold, Down = VOR/LOCPOV2+Pinkie: Left = HDG SEL, Right = N1 Switch, UP = LVL CHG, Down = APPLaunch: Captain's FDLaunch+Pinkie: FO's FDFire A: CMD BFire A+Pinkie: Autopilot temp disengageFire B: CMD A ('cause it's easier to reach than Fire A)Fire B+Pinkie: AP Disengage Bar (Macro, so it happens twice with just one press)Trigger 1: EZdok next camera in cycle groupTrigger2+Pink: EZdok prev camera in cycle groupToggle 1: Parking Brake Throttle Quadrant I assigned my throttle axis directly through FSUIPC because it's smoother for me, and it serves as reverse thrust too. If I go past the Idle Detente. Idle is at the front of the detente "hill". I actually hold it at the top of the hill of the detente for a sec, until the sleeves are open, then all the way to the back for Reverse. If I go into reverse immediately, the sleeves open but the reverse comes only for a split second and stops. I have to go back to idle, and then all the way again POV3: Left = Spoilers Up/Down, Right = Spoilers Arm/Disarm, Up = Flaps up one step, Down = Flaps Down one stepPOV3+Pinkie: Left = Bank Angle -, Right = Bank Angle +, Up = C/O Switch, Down = Speed HoldFire D: TrackIR PauseFire D+Pinkie TrackIR CenterFire E: Gear Up/DownFire E+Pinkie: Gear Lever OffScroll Wheel: Airspeed Dial (up =increase, down = decrease)Scroll Wheel+Pinkie V/S (up = increase, down = decrease)Scroll Wheel Button: V/S selectMouse Fire+Pinkie: FSX Pause I disabled the clutch function so I'd have an extra button, so:Clutch Button: TO/GAClutch Button+Pinkie: Autothrottle Arm/Disarm Pedals: Normal Rudder and Toe Brakes

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

For me (also X52pro), I used the SST programming to assign 99% of my buttons, so I'm able to use the mode 1 and the mode 1 + pinkie, so here goes: Stick POV 1: Pitch trim, Roll trimPOV1+Pinkie: Rudder trimPOV2 normal: Left = VNAV, Right = LNAV, UP = Alt Hold, Down = VOR/LOCPOV2+Pinkie: Left = HDG SEL, Right = N1 Switch, UP = LVL CHG, Down = APPLaunch: Captain's FDLaunch+Pinkie: FO's FDFire A: CMD BFire A+Pinkie: Autopilot temp disengageFire B: CMD A ('cause it's easier to reach than Fire A)Fire B+Pinkie: AP Disengage Bar (Macro, so it happens twice with just one press)Trigger 1: EZdok next camera in cycle groupTrigger2+Pink: EZdok prev camera in cycle groupToggle 1: Parking Brake Throttle Quadrant I assigned my throttle axis directly through FSUIPC because it's smoother for me, and it serves as reverse thrust too. If I go past the Idle Detente. Idle is at the front of the detente "hill". I actually hold it at the top of the hill of the detente for a sec, until the sleeves are open, then all the way to the back for Reverse. If I go into reverse immediately, the sleeves open but the reverse comes only for a split second and stops. I have to go back to idle, and then all the way again POV3: Left = Spoilers Up/Down, Right = Spoilers Arm/Disarm, Up = Flaps up one step, Down = Flaps Down one stepPOV3+Pinkie: Left = Bank Angle -, Right = Bank Angle +, Up = C/O Switch, Down = Speed HoldFire D: TrackIR PauseFire D+Pinkie TrackIR CenterFire E: Gear Up/DownFire E+Pinkie: Gear Lever OffScroll Wheel: Airspeed Dial (up =increase, down = decrease)Scroll Wheel+Pinkie V/S (up = increase, down = decrease)Scroll Wheel Button: V/S selectMouse Fire+Pinkie: FSX Pause I disabled the clutch function so I'd have an extra button, so:Clutch Button: TO/GAClutch Button+Pinkie: Autothrottle Arm/Disarm Pedals: Normal Rudder and Toe Brakes
I can't get the saitek SST my profile loaded. I need to unplug my controllers and replug them after windows has started to see the controller icon on the bottom of the screen next to the clock. It would them work until I restart my computer.Any idea what i am doing wrong ? I need a clean driver/SST install. RegardsKarim

I can't get the saitek SST my profile loaded. I need to unplug my controllers and replug them after windows has started to see the controller icon on the bottom of the screen next to the clock. It would them work until I restart my computer.Any idea what i am doing wrong ? I need a clean driver/SST install. RegardsKarim
I have the same problem, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Cristi Neagu