•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Kosta

Kosta

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 9,086 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

After hundreds and hundreds of posts in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.n...179-gd3dllhelp/

Pete Dowson incl. the help of many, has found a solution (or better said "crash prevention") for some g3d.dll errors/crashes many are experiencing.

The common sceneries causing this are Aerosoft EBBR, EDDF, ESSA, LOWI and generally ORBX area. It has been confirmed by already couple of persons that the crashes don't any more occur. Even hard test-configurations where users were having certain crashes have passed.

If there are any drawbacks, they are yet unknown.

The solution is implemented in his FSUIPC.

Important: this might not be the solution for every g3d.dll out there! Or it can also easily be.

Link to his forum (see here for the latest version): http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so.

I would like ask Mods to sticky this thread.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 zetato

zetato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Really thanks to Pete for the big effort and all the guys that collaborated collecting data!I'm already owner of the registered copy, and just updated the module Posted ImageFSUIPC is really the first, the best and indispensable addon for FSX (and FS9 too) Posted ImageMauro

#3 Inactive Member_firehawk44_***

Inactive Member_firehawk44_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 6 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so.

I immediately bought a license for FSUIPC even though I won't be using any of the fsuipc features. I'm really glad Pete got a g3d CTD and decided to find a fix. Posted Image I wish it would have happened sooner though as this problem has been aggravating to say the least. Thanks again Pete. The FS community really owes you a lot (especially many commercial addon developers)!Thanks to you too Kosta. Your persistence and testing kept the thread alive long enough for Pete to finally get a g3d CTD and find the fix. Posted Image Let's hope it's a permanent fix.Best regards,Jim

#4 Badfinger

Badfinger

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,815 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hope this gets Pinned

#5 mad dog

mad dog

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,676 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

I immediately bought a license for FSUIPC even though I won't be using any of the fsuipc features. I'm really glad Pete got a g3d CTD and decided to find a fix. http://static.avsim.net/forum//public/st... I wish it would have happened sooner though as this problem has been aggravating to say the least. Thanks again Pete. The FS community really owes you a lot (especially many commercial addon developers)!Thanks to you too Kosta. Your persistence and testing kept the thread alive long enough for Pete to finally get a g3d CTD and find the fix. http://static.avsim.net/forum//public/st... Let's hope it's a permanent fix.Best regards,Jim

Hello JimSlowly but surely you will start to dig into Fsuipc and utilise its features.I could not imagine being without the Profiles function now, makes each of my aircraft button assignments just load automatically with the relevant aircraft.Worth the price of admission just for that one feature.

#6 David Roch

David Roch

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Pinned.That's a good opportunity to thank Pete, *******, Nick N and all those talented persons for their fantastic contribution to our hobby.Without you guys, half of us would have thrown in the towel for years and the other half would use FSX as a slideshow!Thanks also to our great community here at Avsim for being proactive, persevering and generous.

#7 GSalden

GSalden

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

As everyone can see, together we make this hobby fantastic ! FSX is alive and kicking Posted Image

#8 Badfinger

Badfinger

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,815 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

Pinned.That's a good opportunity to thank Pete, *******, Nick N and all those talented persons for their fantastic contribution to our hobby.Without you guys, half of us would have thrown in the towel for years and the other half would use FSX as a slideshow!Thanks also to our great community here at Avsim for being proactive, persevering and generous.

Thanks for pinning this David. If it was not for the talent you mentioned, I would be using FS98!!

#9 Inactive Member_jahman_***

Inactive Member_jahman_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 6 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

...As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so....

Heck, PeteD ought to get a dime from each of us every time a GD3 CTD is prevented by FSUIPC! Posted Image

Pinned....

May I suggest also adding the FSUIPC as the cure for GD3 CTDs in the Tips and Tricks forum?Cheers,- jahman.

#10 altstiff

altstiff

My F/O is a Dog

• Members
  • 4,239 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

Wow is all I can say. Just flew a couple areas that would give me the CTD and now she is alive and kicking. WTG Petey!!I'm gonna nominate Pete for PM here.... Posted Image

#11 Rockliffe

Rockliffe

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,645 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

Well done Pete, Kosta and others for the hard work you've done on this discovery. I have had the registered FSUIPC for some time now and believe it is one of the best addons I have. Thanks again...Posted Image

#12 Andydigital

Andydigital

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

I think "MOST" should be an operative word in the thread title otherwise I foresee in the future people coming here moaning that they spent $30 on FSUIPC to fix g3d.dll errors but they are still getting them, even though at this time it isn't a requirement to register FSUIPC for this fix. I wish it weren't the case but you know it WILL happen.

#13 Kosta

Kosta

Member - 8,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 9,086 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

I think "MOST" should be an operative word in the thread title otherwise I foresee in the future people coming here moaning that they spent $30 on FSUIPC to fix g3d.dll errors but they are still getting them, even though at this time it isn't a requirement to register FSUIPC for this fix. I wish it weren't the case but you know it WILL happen.

You are quite correct. We don't yet know if all errors are fixed. But we won't know until next g3d.dll error occurs. And that didn't happen yet.Until then I suggest you enjoy your working FSX!!

#14 David Roch

David Roch

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

Trust me Kosta, they won't stay here for long.

#15 DJJose

DJJose

JoseCFII

• Members
  • 1,939 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Some people will go as far as to imply that FSUIPC could have been the cause of CTDs. LOLI have a feeling that those who spend the $30 will be devoted simmers who appreciate the efforts of the community. Pete deserves our support.David, thank you for pinning this thread.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!