•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Airport grass polygons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hornit

Hornit

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,231 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Please read through this short thread and let me know if there is a fix for this..thanks. Im new to running FSX and am in the process of making it look "nicer". Just installed UTX usa and already have a very nice improvement. Thanks for any help!!!!http://forum.avsim.n...grass-polygons/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 LuisFelizTirado

LuisFelizTirado

Scenery Design

• Members
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

As Scott mentioned (but perhaps it was not very clearly to the uninitiated), the airport grass will display different textures depending on the underlying land class assignments. Some land class, particularly the wet urban textures, display green grass at the airport, whereas other land class, the dry variety, will display either a mixed or dry grass at the airport.Generally, this is pretty realistic, since grass does tend to turn brownish/yellow in the Winter or dry season. However, there have been objections as to the depiction of this dry grass, and there are replacement textures available, both free and commercial.If you are really not happy with what you see, then you can either just change the land class yourself so that a different airport grass is displayed, or get some modification from the Avsim library or from a commercial vendor.Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado, 21 January 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image Hot, humid Caribbean paradise!

#3 scott967

scott967

Member - 4,000+

• Members
  • 4,394 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 11 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

I ment to do some testing. I have an FSX pure-default install but it's on a slow laptop (not really good for anything but observing or taking a screenshot -- fps is around 1 or 2). I use the GEX NA and PAC texture replacements on my main system, so it is harder to compare. The GEX makes a big difference with dryer or winter/spring variants. I do intend to try a couple of landclass mod files on the default system as time allows.scott s..

Edited by scott967, 24 January 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#4 LuisFelizTirado

LuisFelizTirado

Scenery Design

• Members
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Scott, the ACES devs gave us the land class assignment spreadsheet that clearly indicates the texture displayed in the airport background depending on the underlying land class assignment. If you do not have it, I would be happy to send it to you.Best regards.Luis
Posted Image Hot, humid Caribbean paradise!

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!