Sign in to follow this  
N1G

An interesting article on Flight - Avsim posters childish it stated

Honestly, the reviewer is correct about some members of Avsim community. Some people on this forum were BRUTAL to not only Flight, but to anyone that LIKED it. I mean you can dislike it for what it is, but to come down on people who do like it is beyond childish. Tom and the mods are doing there best to end that, but the people who do it, got away with it for MONTHS. Its hard to turn a bout around once its gained so much momentum. Anyone who says that Flight is "arcade" or "only for kids" are being really childish. Sort of ironic? Let people enjoy what they want. If you dont like Flight, fine! Move on! You still have FSX, 2004, 2002, or XP.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

MVGibbage - I agree with most of what you say and state -but you seem overly agressive about anyone with even a hint of negativity re MS Flight ?I do note you do provide FSX commercial aircraft models - can you confirm you have no Commercial interest in MS Flight ? I am guessing you do not - but it'd be nice to know

Edited by Buckster

Honestly, the reviewer is correct about some members of Avsim community. Some people on this forum were BRUTAL to not only Flight, but to anyone that LIKED it.
Well here's hoping it'll run smoother this time around :wink:

MVGibbage - I agree with most of what you say and state -but you seem overly agressive about anyone with even a hint of negativity re MS Flight ?I do note you do provide FSX commercial aircraft models - can you confirm you have no Commercial interest in MS Flight ? I am guessing you do not - but it'd be nice to know
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363966-some-things-ms-can-do-to-make-flight-better/Come back and say that again after reading that. I can confirm 100% that I have NO COMMERCIAL INTEREST IN MS FLIGHT! Im NOT a 3rd party dev for Flight, and have NO FINANCIAL GAINS in Flight WHAT SO EVER. Made myself clear? However, my name is in the credits, so yes I am bias. Ow shocker! Im a MS shill! No. My involvement with Flight ended over a year ago, and I started my own FSX 3rd party company. Im still under heavy NDA so I cant say WHAT I did IN Flight, but im sure its easy to guess.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

That was a remarkably well written, fair and balanced review. It could use a bit of editing to get rid of a few spelling errors (e.g. Stearman, not Steerman), but otherwise it is very informative.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

http://forum.avsim.n...-flight-better/Come back and say that again after reading that. I can confirm 100% that I have NO COMMERCIAL INTEREST IN MS FLIGHT! Im NOT a 3rd party dev for Flight, and have NO FINANCIAL GAINS in Flight WHAT SO EVER. Made myself clear?However, my name is in the credits, so yes I am bias. Ow shocker! Im a MS shill! No. My involvement with Flight ended over a year ago, and I started my own FSX 3rd party company. Im still under heavy NDA so I cant say WHAT I did IN Flight, but im sure its easy to guess.
ok fair enough thanks - sorry - I'm with you in trying to be positive about the product as to me(1) any new sim is a good thing ....(2) its free (!!)but I think people are more than in their rights to be able to post they don't like it

I stopped reading half way - just too biased for me.

I will make this very clear: it does not cater, nor will it likely ever cater, to the people who build their own 747 cockpit out of plywood with 4 monitors and crap like that.
As for AVSIM posters being childish. Perhaps, but it was on both sides and by a few people, some of whom are no longer with us.The admins here seem to like to play whack-a-mole with the people who post negative thoughts and some of them are clearly biased on the positive side, so it makes it far harder to remain civil for people on the critical side.

Im still under heavy NDA so I cant say WHAT I did IN Flight, but im sure its easy to guess.
Yes Kevin, it most certainly is "easy to guess..." Might I add that you did a darn fine job of it too! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

but I think people are more than in their rights to be able to post they don't like it
I agree with this. THats why I started the thread I linked. Its in HOW you post. Saying "THIS SUCKS" does not help. It only creates negitive feelings, and not just for the game. I want to know WHY. If you dont post why, your just posting hate and thats not cool no matter what. Then there are the people who post "THIS SUCKS BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS CHASE BALLOONS AND COINCS". I know INSTANTLY they never played more then 3 mins of Flight. That means they are not being fair and all they want to do is assault the game. Thats not cool.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I agree with this. THats why I started the thread I linked. Its in HOW you post. Saying "THIS SUCKS" does not help. It only creates negitive feelings, and not just for the game. I want to know WHY. If you dont post why, your just posting hate and thats not cool no matter what. Then there are the people who post "THIS SUCKS BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS CHASE BALLOONS AND COINCS". I know INSTANTLY they never played more then 3 mins of Flight. That means they are not being fair and all they want to do is assault the game. Thats not cool.
true and agreedactually - you know what - I've spent more time on the forum tonight than playing MS Flight which I've actually been keenly waiting for - for a while ! - so I'm off to play ! :)

Yes Kevin, it most certainly is "easy to guess..." Might I add that you did a darn fine job of it too! :Applause:
Just to make it clear, I had NOTHING to do with the P-51. I dont want that thing to ever be associated with me.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

but I think people are more than in their rights to be able to post they don't like it
I agree with you on that point at least. Once, and then only if done with some style and panache.

Fr. Bill    

http://forum.avsim.n...-flight-better/Come back and say that again after reading that. I can confirm 100% that I have NO COMMERCIAL INTEREST IN MS FLIGHT! Im NOT a 3rd party dev for Flight, and have NO FINANCIAL GAINS in Flight WHAT SO EVER. Made myself clear?However, my name is in the credits, so yes I am bias. Ow shocker! Im a MS shill! No. My involvement with Flight ended over a year ago, and I started my own FSX 3rd party company. Im still under heavy NDA so I cant say WHAT I did IN Flight, but im sure its easy to guess.
That reminds me... I want to try that Seabee out. Where do I buy one? (in tune, aren't I? I need to get out more)... And I agree with Bill! Your work is / was outstanding. :im Not Worthy: