Sign in to follow this  
BoFrost

Stuttering when the Display is set to VSD

Hi everybody,I just encountered the following problem.As soon as i activate the VSD, the whole FSX beginns with stuttering in an 2seconds intervall.I watched this behavior especially in combination with the use of EFB from Aivlasoft.

Do you use airport scenery by FSDT? (FS Dream Team?)
No, it doesn't matter if there is an Addon Scenery or not.

Hi everybody,I just encountered the following problem.As soon as i activate the VSD, the whole FSX beginns with stuttering in an 2seconds intervall.I watched this behavior especially in combination with the use of EFB from Aivlasoft.
Must be only effects people that have efb since i just tried and have no problems in the stuttering as you have described. Hopefully there be a cure for it, since i just had the 30 trial of the efb and found it to be quite good, although i didnt use the vsd switch to see if i had the stutters or not.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest WolfgangLiehr

The VSD in combination with EFB is the trigger for stuttering here too.

I have noticed the same thing. I have efb installed but don't generally use it with NGX because it usually crashed. I formatted and re-installed at the same time as sp1c came out. With only NGX, REX, UTX, GEX and Fsgenesis mesh installed I was getting the stutters every 1 to 2 minutes and they last for 10 - 30 seconds. Since then I have tried other planes (747X, Level D, Citation Mustang, VRS F18, Vans R7) and none of them have the stutter problem. All 4 NGX variants have the same problem. Yesterday I also installed FS2crew for NGX, this didn't make the problem worse or go away. Before I reformatted with sp1b I wasn't having this problem. I also removed completely and reinstalled from scratch, flying between every update and found that every time the stutters were there. It is quite confusing to me how something worked before the format and now has these problems even with more recent patches applied. I am planning to do some more fiddling with it tonight to see what I can find out.Tony vanLaar

I talked to Alex about this earlier - he thinks what's happening is that the EFB addon and the VSD are essentially both using the same internal channels within FSX for communication. The VSD functions in a rather unique way as far as how we actually obtain the terrain data - it doesn't come from the database files the way the top-down EGPWS terrain on the ND does, it's done in real time using a special method we developed. There's quite a bit of data being sent across in order for the VSD to work and it's definitely possible that multiple addons using those same channels could cause a bit of an overload. There's not really much we can do unfortunately without seriously degrading the functionality of the VSD.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like the SP from EFB solved the stuttering when activating VSD. Most likely more an accident, but however, for me it solved it.