•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation CJ1+ 2.0, any one got it?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 LarryImler

LarryImler

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 3 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

hi guys, title speaks for itself. Just wandering has anyone got it, is it a good model? hows the VC? any input would be great couse I have not seen any youtube vids, no reviews, and the ES fourms are impossable to get into
Thanks in advance,
Lar

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Silverbird

Silverbird

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

hi guys, title speaks for itself. Just wandering has anyone got it, is it a good model? hows the VC? any input would be great couse I have not seen any youtube vids, no reviews, and the ES fourms are impossable to get into
Thanks in advance,
Lar

Hi Lar I don't think anyone even knew it came out was it released today I wonder? http://eaglesoftdg.c...tionCJ1+_20.htm
Posted Image

Cesar Martinez

#3 Cai Zicheng

Cai Zicheng

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi Lar I don't think anyone even knew it came out was it released today I wonder? http://eaglesoftdg.c...tionCJ1+_20.htm

It was released a while ago. Half a year? Judging from the VC screen shots, the VC is well below par in 2012...

Zicheng Cai

#4 Jacoba

Jacoba

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

People are spoiled by the VC's of PMDG, Flight1 Mustang, etc...

I have their CX 2.0 and its fine. With this jet its all about the avionics anyways... it has a Fully functional Universal UNS-1 FMS!

Which to me is worth the price of admission.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

#5 N400QW

N400QW

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,842 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 9 Months

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thanks in advance,
Lar

Register and contact support@eaglesoftdg.com for forum activation.
Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton ASEL
Eaglesoft Development Group
Posted Image

#6 Stick

Stick

• Banned
  • 452 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Well, as I mentioned on another thread, the ES CJ1+ 2.0 has been out quite a while, but there is not a single video for it out on YouTune, which I find strange. I did ask Ron on that thread if ES had any promotional vids of the CJ1+ 2.0 :smile:

Post #14 on this thread, Ron :wink: :-

I too wanted to check out the VC textures, in the hope there is a big improvement on the CJ1+ 1.0 that I have.

http://forum.avsim.n...s-jetwhich-one/

Cheers.
David.

>> i7 2600k, 3.4Ghz, (3.8Ghz TurboBoost), 8GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5770 1GB, Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.
>> FSX, REX, GEX, UTX, Orbx FTX AU, NZ, US, FlyTampa, UK2000 Xtreme, PMDG, RealAir, MilViz, (some) Carenado, Flight 1, Simcheck
"%20alt=

#7 St Mawgan

St Mawgan

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I too wanted to check out the VC textures, in the hope there is a big improvement on the CJ1+ 1.0 that I have.

You'd be hard pushed to tell the difference. I'm afraid the world left Eaglesoft behind a long time ago in that respect.

To be fair the depth and fidelity of the systems in the Eaglesoft Citation is such that a high quality VC would make it all but unflyable but I do wish someone would come up with one which ticks all the boxes.

#8 N400QW

N400QW

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

You'd be hard pushed to tell the difference. I'm afraid the world left Eaglesoft behind a long time ago in that respect.

To be fair the depth and fidelity of the systems in the Eaglesoft Citation is such that a high quality VC would make it all but unflyable but I do wish someone would come up with one which ticks all the boxes.

Question #1 Do you own the CJ1+2.0?
Question #2 Why state negatives without the positives of CJ1+2.0?
As always those who wish can "buy and try" for 30 days without fear of financial loss. :Nerd:

Well, as I mentioned on another thread, the ES CJ1+ 2.0 has been out quite a while, but there is not a single video for it out on YouTune, which I find strange. I did ask Ron on that thread if ES had any promotional vids of the CJ1+ 2.0 http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...

Post #14 on this thread, Ron http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... :-

http://forum.avsim.n...s-jetwhich-one/

Cheers.

Stick, we have no idea why there are no videos of the CJ1+ 2.0.
As always those who wish can "buy and try" for 30 days without fear of financial loss. :Nerd:
Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton ASEL
Posted Image

#9 Peter James

Peter James

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 20 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Frame rates in the citation x 2.0 are aweful
Peter James / Former Lead Designer Flight Unlimited III / ATP Beechjet 400A Captain
7000+ hours total flying time / Sager NP9280 notebook / i7 950 3.07 / 6 Gig / GTX280M
1280x1200x32

#10 N400QW

N400QW

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

You are kidding right? :Nerd:
How about the Beechjet 400/Hawker 400A?
Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton ASEL
Posted Image

#11 Gear Up and Off

Gear Up and Off

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

I see no framerate hit in the CXv2. Haven't flown her much because I've been in the PMDG 747 and now their 737 and my brain cannot learn a new flight management computer yet.

David Alexander

#12 St Mawgan

St Mawgan

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Question #1 Do you own the CJ1+2.0?
Question #2 Why state negatives without the positives of CJ1+2.0?

I did. I bought version 1 way back when it was released and like most, was hoping version 2 would be better. It wasn't.
There was a positive element to my post, if you had read it properly without only looking for the negative.

But at the end of the day, and to answer the OP's question, I can't recommend it.

#13 mad dog

mad dog

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,677 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 9 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hello
No frame rate hit here with the CXV2, very good performance considering the complexity of the systems.

#14 RudiJG1

RudiJG1

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hello
No frame rate hit here with the CXV2, very good performance considering the complexity of the systems.

Same here...there are many, many other FSX payware planes with a harder hit on framerate....the CX v2 is a lightweight compared to them.

#15 WarpD

WarpD

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,136 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 8 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I find that impossible to believe. The Citation X 2.0 takes advantage of threading to reduce the frame rate impact significantly. The only way it can have 'aweful' frame rates is if there's something wrong with your system or your system doesn't do threading worth beans.
Ed Wilson
Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!