Sign in to follow this  
JMsooStyle

Altimeter Disagree problem, I tried different method of solution no success

Hello I'm facing this problem since few flight basically once I'm near cruise altitude I get an Altimeter disagree alert, fallowed by stall warning and overspeed warning the plane loose control quick and the instrument start to show non sense information like 50000ft speed 144 vertical speed rate 3+ or so. I have few second for manoeuvre before crash on the ground or the plane get destroyed by the overspeed stress.

I tried to set US metric, remove failure but nothing today it happened again and I can't understand why.

one note it start since I used Rex Essential I don't know if it linked to it I've done different many flight with Rex 2.0 no problem

also I'm using P3D but once again is nearly 4 month and no problem at all with the NGX please help!

I manage to ge a screen before it crash :sad:

Note speed 460 alt -0400 only the standby instrument shows the the right information I guess

Thanks jivan

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

I see your altimeter is set to 5.76 IN. That is way off of real world. Standard altimeter setting is 29.92. It is rare to see altimeter settings below 29.00 in the real world. That would be a place to start. The Altimeter Disagree warning comes when the Captain's and FO's altimeters are off by more than 200 feet I think it is. What is the altimiter setting for the FO's side?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

The only problem i could see is the wrong altimeter setting. The first officers altimeter is most propably at the correct setting and so they vary as Tom already said.

But for me one question remains: Why did you crash? The only problem I could detect was the faulty altimeter reading on your PFD, but that wouldn't lead to a crash usually.

Why didn't you pull up the nose to gain altitude and loose speed?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

as far I remember the F/O PFD had false reading as well only the standby altimeter was providing the correct one I believe!

Out from nothing while climbing all reading correct, a stall warning sound triggered and the captain PFD soon showed the information you all seen, secondly as soon I touched my joystick for bring gently the nose down the overspeed warning start to sound. Was really confusing and I cannot understand how I gained so much speed I climbing at around 20000ft

When I realized the altimeter problem I pressed the botton "B" to set the baro automatically but probably it set it to the wrong number I'm not sure if is due to REX Essential.

I'm flying using the FMC all the time never had alt disagree and related problem since I installed Rex Essential

Thanks for help Jivan

Jivan Moulandi

Your Radar Altimeter reads 1160. You're in CWS P. . . . All sorts of goofiness going on. Your screen cap only shows part of the situation. How about a more comprehensive pic?

Matt Cee

I reinstalled the NGX and made a new flight and it happen again I mange to take more screenshot

Right after take off around 400ft gaining speed 160+ all normal when stridently out from nothing stall warning both captain and f/o PFD showing 30000ft instantly and speed zero together with the stand by instruments, FMC showing Buffet Alert

It is impossible that in 1 second the NGX from 160knots increasing can jump to 0 and of course the plan start to fall from the sky like it actually stopped

I took a screen from outside instant before crash as the plane was falling but from 400/500ft no higher as I was airborne since few sec

Than I manage to open the world map and where it was showing my current real speed 0 and the real altitude little more than 80ft at the moment I took the outside screenshot, I than typed the speed to 190 fl1000 it reload and everything went back to normal until it happen again some time later same solved by opening the map page set the speed to 240 and altitude 6000ft however I realized the green bar saying REX essential has finished to inject new weather

I believe is the reason why I'm having this issue as mentioned above all started with the new update with alt disagree problems

I'll post on their support forum as well for see if they can provide more infos

Thanks for your support as PMDG reply that they cannot do nothing as I'm using the NGX on P3D

Jivan

Jivan Moulandi

Is your pitot heat on? If not that would give your bad speed readings and a few other things..

DJuan Carter.

Is your pitot heat on? If not that would give your bad speed readings and a few other things..

That occurred to me too though I was thinking, specifically, of icing on the static air vent. There's another thread on control issues with weather that just started up...

http://forum.avsim.n...during-flights/

I wonder what would happen if icing systems were turned on at the first indication of the problems.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That occurred to me too though I was thinking, specifically, of icing on the static air vent. There's another thread on control issues with weather that just started up...

http://forum.avsim.n...during-flights/

I wonder what would happen if icing systems were turned on at the first indication of the problems.

The second time it happen seconds after takeoff, at 400ft 160knots increasing, temperature in EGLL were around 18degrees Celsius.

False reading should just mislead you but is impossible that from full takeoff speed the plane loose speed stopping completely and falling vertically from the sky. The speed was 0 on the world map as well.

I will give a read to the topic you proposed me thanks guys

Jivan Moulandi

Well, something similar happened to me using ActiveSky Evolution... Sometimes, there seem to be some errors fetching weather.

I flew NZAA-NZCH. On the approach, the radio altimeter became active while I was way above any terrain around (I thought). I also pressed "B" - and suddenly, my indicated altitude dropped multiple hundred feet. I got a real strange barometer setting (extremely low, not as low as yours indeed) and the "disagree" message. The atmospheric pressure continued dropping for a short time and then slowly reverted back to a more reasonable number.

I have had ASE to smooth my pressure changes. Probably you got the same problem without smoothing the pressure changes thus dropping your plane right out of the sky...

As I said, it lasted only a short time (maybe some minutes) and the "smooth" setting probably saved me from crashing straight down.

To me, this seems to be related to weird weather reports, not to the weather engine (REX or ASE or whatever). I read a strange METAR with a 5-digits pressure number once, so there might be a errourneuos 3-digits report as well.

Perhaps you may fine tune the interpolation of weather station reports and transition smoothing?

I think your fuel flow is rather low for 103% n1.

Молодец!

Maybe it's missing a few leading digits. ;)

Matt Cee

Also, the Captain's altimeter is 30.03 in, while the FO's is 1017 HPA. I thought that was odd.....

Also, his airspeed is "in the red", yet it's looking offscale low as far as the "speedtape" is concerned. 45 knots or less.....

Yet his GS is at about 155....

Literally have no idea. Corrupt installation?

The N1 change after this issue started few second after takeoff, whatever issue happen it does mess up pretty bad the NGX function

Anyone ever experience this flying without using the FMC?

Also I know that the NGX is sensitive to the weather injection for example flying with Vatsim online using FSInn the plane could not reach cruise altitude due to some errors related to the injection and I remember that I used to fly cavok!

I don't think corrupt installation because all started with Rex essential literally one of my first flight with, also I did reinstall the plane

Jivan Moulandi