Sign in to follow this  
ads2006

PMDG 737NGX with Windows 8

Still haven't been able to resolve 737NX crash in Windows 8. Was unable to "upgrade" to Windows 8 because I had Vista Ultimate 64bit, so had to do a clean install. FSX works great until I load NGX. NGX by itself crashes every time I end a flight or exit FSX. However, when I load FS2 Crew version, the program never works. 2D screen does not load correctly and I never get the "countdown" you normally see when you load NGX. I can't back out of FS2Crew; I have to completely remove FS2Crew AND NGX before FSX stops crashing. As soon as I remove them, FSX works perfectly without having to reload FSX. I've tried numerous reinstalls and graphics settings with the same results.

I am still unsure about upgrading my gaming pc to windows 8. Although I am a fan of the windows phone and tablets. I would say though, it seems a little too early in the game to jump on it.

I actually like Windows 8 (especially the price) as compared to previous upgrade options. I find the interface very friendly and apps work quicker. HOWEVER....although FSX works great, PMDG 737NX AND FS2Crew DO NOT...at least on my computer. From previous posts, it seems that they might work OK of you upgrade to Windows 8. I couldn't do that because Vista required a "clean" install, despite what the Microsoft website stated. I guess it's just a matter of time before PMDG or FS2Crew come up with a solution....

Gday

Ive only just got W7 (a few months) i didnt even know there was a W8 coming out,i think ill stick with W7 seeming a few devs a said they wont support W8 at the moment, and if i do go to W8 it would be after a SP(inevitable) i tend to agree if it aint broke dont fix it

Jeff

Windows 8 and NGX and my pay-ware works fine here.

Also asked in other topic, windows8 desktop with touchscreen monitor, would that mean i can push the vc cockpit buttons without using a mouse?

You know, like you can use an Ipad?

very curious about this!

Ton

Also asked in other topic, windows8 desktop with touchscreen monitor, would that mean i can push the vc cockpit buttons without using a mouse?

You know, like you can use an Ipad?

very curious about this!

Ton

Yes

Have been running Win 8 Pro for the past few weeks (early access through work). It seems a lot lighter and faster than Win 7 and I have got at least the same performance as Win7, if not slightly better. But that could simply be improvements in Graphics Drivers, etc.

I've run Win8 on some older PCs at work to really test for performance improvements. On a tablet PC with 1.6GHz Pentium M, 1.25GB RAM, onboard graphics, it was surprisingly smooth and responsive.

No harm in using it that I've come across so far (Running FSX Gold, FSUIPC, REX Essentials (overdrive was not happy), EzDok, UK2000 scenery, TopCat...)

Hope that helps :)

Hello friends,

FSX really works fine under W7 and W8, PMDG behaves perfectly in both versions but beware, I am having problems with the combination of Prepar3D with PMDG NGX 737 and Windows 8 Pro There were problems with the controls, which did not recognize or disappeared from configuration screen controls but rectified Prepar3D running as administrator and under compatibility for Windows 7.

The problem comes when I try to change any of the liveries installed, as it gives me an error and close the simulator.

If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Remember: Windows 8 Pro - Prepar3D - PMDG 737 NGX

737NGX and FS2 still DO NOT work. All of the responses I've received about it working OK are from persons that upgraded from Windows 7. I haven't heard from anyone that has done a clean install with windows 8. Upgrading may keep files that were resident in Windows 7, whereas, a clean install will not. Also, my video card, ATI Radeon HD 4850 does not have a Windows 8 video driver posted on their website...this could very well be the problem, as I'm also having a problem with the video driver for another application....

I haven't heard from anyone that has done a clean install with windows 8

probably just because you haven't read my threads. :P

I have done a clean install. Formated HDD before install.

I tested NGX and FSX and P3D two month with the enterprise RTM version.

And I have FSX and NGX since day 1 now - means a week.

No problems with all of them.

I had disappearing joysticks with the enterprise version.

If you have (a registered version?) of FSUIPC, you can change "AutoScanDevices" to "No" in [general]. This prevents FSUIPC from scanning all devices when the FSUIPC is openend.

I have this disabled since a few weeks and got no single disappearing joystick.

But I can't say, if it is better now with Win Pro or if the FSUIPC entry has changed things. I haven't had a look for it since then.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

Make sure you check first with your desktop or notebook manufacturer if the hardware is compatible with Windows 8. In my case there is a specific page about Windows 8 under manufacturer Samsung web page. In my case there is no issues with PMDG under Windows 8 environment. And I used upgrade instead of clean install then afterwards used the Windows cleanup software to delete securely the Windows 8 Old folder. Of course I created before my USB pen drive image file thru Windows 8 recovery tool.

Adenilson