Sign in to follow this  
Great Ozzie

New RTRW Racers Info - 2013-14

I would like to join too.

Welcome Michael,

Just a very quick post here. We have not started practice yet (possibly not till Jan.) but one thing you can do is familiarize yourself with the RTRW Race Rules.

In Appendix C of the "2012 Special Rules" you will see an "White List for Eligible Race Aircraft"... aircraft permitted for the race.

Some other things you can / will need to do:

• Install the Duenna software to track your flight during the race (you will use to post validating the flight).
  • you will (essentially) need Teamspeak so we can chat for flight testing and comms during the race.

Duenna Info

Teamspeak 3

Teamspeak 3 Setup Bookmark

Label: AVSIM

Address: hqspeakus1.teamspeak.net:15797

Nickname: [e.g. Michael]

Although anyone from the team can help you (and all quite helpful btw)... I'll be your primary point-of-contact to help get you squared away w/ whatever. Just make a general post in this forum or you can PM me.

That will be a good start for now... besides practice!

Again welcome,

Rob Osborne

Hi Rob

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will start reading up on the Race Rules and DL the Duenna software.

I am looking forward to some fun and serious flying sessions.

Cheers

Mike

Callsign Landmark

Salutations & Greetings Mihkel,

Welcome to the AVSIM Race Team.

If you would... Please review the first post in this thread New RTRW Racers Info - 2013

Current link for the RTRW Race Rules: http://www.fsrtwrace.com/rules.php

Homepage for the Flight Simulator Around the World Race:  http://www.fsrtwrace.com/

Last year was the first year we used a "White List" of permissible aircraft... the B737 & B747 were used in last year's race, but on "specialty" legs.

Since the .pdf containing the White List is not currently available, below is a jpg of "Eligible Race Aircraft".

Hopefully you can get setup soon and start practicing... and ensuring Duenna works etc. We (some of the team) should be around on Teamspeak during the weekends. Any questions... just ask.

Rob

And I'll pin it..

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hey, I'm gonna bump this as I think everything is relevant this year as well.

Thanks DC.

And I'll pin it..

Thanks Stoney.

====================

Updated thread to include 2013 RTWR Whitelist

post-153575-0-78402700-1389400359.jpg

post-153575-0-27314000-1389400358.jpg

Are we allowed to only fly fighters? I was hoping to use my C-310 or B55.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

While this years special rules have not yet been released, no fighters aren't the only aircraft you can fly.  We quite often will have jet lets which will let you use any subsonic jet (unless special rules say otherwise).  For non jet legs, there is a white list of acceptable aircraft that are considered competitive however any airplane slower than those are acceptable if I interpret the rules correctly, I am by no means an expert in the rules. ;)

spacer.png

Yes those aircraft are acceptable (as long as they are modeled correctly in flight sim) but they are not really competitive. This is a race after all, so the idea is to go round the world as fast as possible which is why the white list was compiled. The competitive aircraft tend to have a TAS of 350kts and above and i think the 2 you mention are nearer half this.

There are often special "events" or sections where other specified aircraft are used so there "may" be an opportunity to use the aircraft you want. There are some non-fighter aircraft that are competitive and in fact are quite popular. Have a look at the Piaggio Avanti and the Epic Lt Dynasty.

Harv.png?dl=1