Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Scary Crash

This video shows the scary crash by the RedWings Airlines Tu-204 today from a camera on a automobile near Vukono.

Thankfully the traffic seemed light there...sad the crew perished but it could have been much worse

From the rate of impact in the video, it looks like they were trying to go around and couldn't get off? Can't see them "sliding" that fast.

Woah! I've seen some photos, but I thought the impact was WAY slower than this.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It must have been so frightening to be in any of those vehicles, especially the aircraft (obviously) and the car that was hit by debris! It's so sad that this incident occurred right before the new year.

Reports say it overran the runway. Hate to see errors like this, lucky the plane was mostly empty.

Betcha if that driver was a bit bored, he/she wasn't after that!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wait... That piece of debris that hit the other car, was that the nosewheel tyre?

That's what it looked like. The driver was either very lucky or skilled to be able to maintain control after such an impact! He swerved a little, but didn't roll over or total his car.

It must be very interesting explaining this situation to the insurance company, similar to

. . . .

In all seriousness, condolences to the families and victims involved in this tragic incident.

Quite an amazing video, what is it with Russian drivers video recording their car rides. Are you using a GoPro or some other system, seems like tons of car accident videos on YouTube recorded this way.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Quite an amazing video, what is it with Russian drivers video recording their car rides. Are you using a GoPro or some other system, seems like tons of car accident videos on YouTube recorded this way.

Apparently, from what I've read, insurance fraud is rampant in Russia (and some other eastern European countries) so many drivers use dash cams to cover their butts. Honestly though, from watching many "crash compilation" videos on youtube.. it seems more like drivers are just straight up insane in Russia. :O

I never realized just how "modern" the TU-204 actually is. Even though I don't read Cyrillic, I could mentally "translate" most of the labels.

The Jeppeson chart of Russian airspace was quite a surprise also! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nNvrHkvYtQA

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Reports say it overran the runway. Hate to see errors like this, lucky the plane was mostly empty.

No one said it was an error yet, don't make assumptions... The suspected cause is brake failure. If you put down then deploy reverse then go to brake and get nothing there is no way you are going around...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Irregardless of blame, family's have lost loved ones right on the edge of what should have been a hopefull new year. The time and date shouldn't make a difference, but somehow it does, and my sincere sympathies to the families.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wikipedia's page on the aircraft mentions there was another runway overrun incident just 9 days prior to this event. Similarly, brake failure is the suspect cause.