Sign in to follow this  
Helen_P

A short look at MegaScenery Earth 2.0 (Flying over Dover, DE)

Hi,

I thought I would share this very short video, showing some of the MegaScenery Earth 2.0 scenery. This wasn't a planned session, in a particularly 'visual' setting, I just decided to start FRAPS and record for a few mins, as I know a few people on the forum were thinking about, or unsure about, or just plain hate the MegaScenery packages.

This is a typical flight for me, and why I use and have fun with flight sim - I flew this for real on my 30th birthday (too many years ago), from New Castle to Sussex Co, DE.

Unfortunately, I'm no techie and I think I recorded it in too low a resolution, as you can't see the moving car traffic, which is one of the best things when using MegaScenery - it really contributed to the feeling of altitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQneSoPBis&feature=youtu.be

Add-ons I use:-

FSX Gold

Accu-Feel (Air Land & Sea)

OpusFSX

MegaScenery Earth 2.0

A couple of GA addon aircraft

......... and nothing else!

Hardware I use:-

Saitek Yoke + Throttle Quadrant

Saitek Pedals

TrackIR (Christmas pressie from the hubby - love it!)

Unfortunately, I'm no techie and I think I recorded it in too low a resolution, as you can't see the moving car traffic, which is one of the best things when using MegaScenery - it really contributed to the feeling of altitude.

What do you mean ? Why is not being able to see moving car traffic the best thing with Megascenery ?

What do you mean ? Why is not being able to see moving car traffic the best thing with Megascenery ?

You've misunderstood....... I was not saying that "not seeing moving traffic was a good thing".... I was saying that the moving traffic is a good thing with the scenery....... you just cannot see it in the video.

Actually I watched your video at 480p, the max resolution available, in full screen and noticed the vehicle traffic several times. The impact of the youtube compression is clear but still good enough to get an idea of what to expect with MSEv2.

As a matter of fact I was impressed with how the traffic seemed to be travelling precisely on the MSE roads and wanted to ask you Helen if you had any other add-on affecting that or just stock FSX traffic?

Simon

Actually I watched your video at 480p, the max resolution available, in full screen and noticed the vehicle traffic several times. The impact of the youtube compression is clear but still good enough to get an idea of what to expect with MSEv2.

As a matter of fact I was impressed with how the traffic seemed to be travelling precisely on the MSE roads and wanted to ask you Helen if you had any other add-on affecting that or just stock FSX traffic?

Oh that's good ..... I think I was watching it at a lower resolution. I'm not using any other add-ons at all. The road traffic follows the MSE roads perfectly. :smile:

Looks good to me Helen. I seen the cars moving too.

MSEv.2 brings a whole new experience to FSX. I find it hard to fly where I don't have it now. It's really impressed me.

Great video Helen! It doesn't look so good in full screen though which I think you can only get in HD format. But it looks great in the video. I'm not into making videos so can't provide any advice on that but thanks for posting!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for posting the video. It's very impressive what can be done a few well-chosen addons.

Anyone know how this compares to TileProxy?

Barry Friedman

Nice video Helen,thanks for posting. Megascenery is my new best friend.

The only thing missing is chickens.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

lolololol, people bashing this stuff. Stereo 3d at 1500 agl the roads look like they over and underpasses on them. Have to try it with tricycle aircraft then my typical C-172 Carendo I use for this.