Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

New Version 1.4 SweetFX is Out!

New version out. (1.4)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376265

Changelog

Version 1.4

• Adds the Border shader as a workaround for the bright screenedge forcing certain AA modes can cause
  • Adds the Cartoon shader that can make the image look more cartoonish
  • Adds the Advanced CRT shader that can mimic the look of an old arcade CRT display
  • Adds the Monochrome shader that removes the colors
  • Adds the FXAA shader as an alternative to SMAA for the few people that still prefer it. (only in DX9 for now though)
  • Improved the Curves shader so it can now apply contrast to Chroma as well as Luma (as before) or both
  • Improved the performance of formula 5 in the Curves shader (the simplified Catmull-rom spline)
  • Improved the Dither shader with the option to use Random Dithering.
  • Improved the Dither shader so now uses a subpixel dithering pattern. (Both when using Random or Ordered Dithering)
  • Lowered the default SMAA threshold to 0.10 so fewer aliased lines escape processing.
  • Fixed a bug where dark areas could on occasion appear when HDR and Lumasharpen where both activated at the same time.
  • The alpha channel is now cleared before outputting the image to prevent it messing with screenshots converted to png.
  • The SweetFX settings file now include a description field to help keep of which version the settings are for.
  • Improved the Vignette shader to allow you to create oval shaped vignettes.
  • Curves_formula 2 is now the default Curves formula.
  • Includes some notes on how you can make custom shaders

Excellent! will try it out tonight. Are there any settings you can recommend with the new version?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I don't seem to be able to get this working , I thought it was but tried sepia the other day & no difference , so now I know its not. Running msi 6970 card on 12.1 drivers.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

I put all files in fsx folder nothing works, I his the relevant key nothing changes any ideas.?thanks Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Is FSX anti-alais off?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I put all files in fsx folder nothing works, I his the relevant key nothing changes any ideas.?thanks Wayne

Make sure you turn FXAA to OFF in Nvidia Inspector. 

FXAA off (and disallowed) but you can use SGSS supersampling in NVI, I've found..

I didn't use SweetFX when it first came out as it left me with such bad frames..Now I am only using one screen it works a dream and so far, absolutely no FPS hit (even in clouds) I'm sure this has something to do with it using SMAA instead of vanilla AA in FSX or NVI..whatever! It works..that's enough for me :)

The "film" effects are great, and you can use it with ENB (RTFM as to how - d3d proxies in subfolders..clever)

All in all, I like it. it makes my FSX look like P3d (as someone pointed out earlier in the thread)

It's worth reading the threads on it over at Guru3d and thelazy.net; they give good insight into how it works, and offer a little help when using with programs like FSX, also some RoF boffins have made a RoF-specific GUI, here, which might seem a little more suited to FSX users, though I'm happy with the one posted above..

Great little tool :)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I've been using SweetFX since it's released, and quite frankly don't know have I lived without it before!

Now run it across the board in all games, no performance hit in any.

Don't forget, AntiAliasing needs to be switched of inside FSX for SweetFX to work.

I split this post off from the other long FSX post regarding SweetFX as the other one was getting a bit long.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

And, as I found out last night, you can use all of your existing settings for FSX in NVI not just SGSS (bar FXAA) which really helps with the small amount of shimmering that using SMAA leaves you with..As long as you turn off AA from within FSX you're set to go

I find tweaking the alpha-sharpen settings a little really help with dial decals, too.

With this and Shade in full effect, with thunderstorms and weather, FSX has never looked so good!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Would love to see some screenshots if anyone could post some. Also, any advice for ATI users on what we need to turn off in our Catalyst settings?

Cheers

Steve

Leave the ATI settings as you have them now.

Would anyone like to share their version 1.4 setting file? I'm too lazy to tweak. I'm using the defaults now with HDR enabled. Sutle changes.