Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

The TDS B787, So Far

Kyle,

Sounds like you're part of the TDS 'Team'...

If you've perused the thread, you have no doubt read that this is the first 'modern' Airliner I have downloaded (I'm 90% GA). So far, once I got a good copy loaded into the Sim, I have to say I'm very pleased with the effort so far. With a mixture of the Original and the Updated FDE (engine parameters), I like the way the airplane flies. Of course, what do I know about Airliners, right?

Well, I was able to hand fly two approaches without AP or ILS, just the PAPI, and it was just like landing my Rutan Boomerang; nice smooth, and easy!

I'm enjoying my time more and more in the 787, and with the add on Panel recently uploaded to FlightSim.com it's a good match.

A suggestion, if I may... for those of us who don't use Facebook, it would be a real help if any Updates, Patches, etc. could be made available here in the File Library

and at the other 'big' FS sites. When the FDE Update was released it took a few days for it to trickle down to the big boys.

Keep up the good work! Now,all I have to do is track down someone who could do a repaint in USAF colors... :P

Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces_zps5460df

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Sure thing, and definitely understandable. I'll go on record of saying I'm not a fan of having everything on Facebook, either, but it's not my choice to decide. From my understanding, our files are not available at Avsim because of the requirement to have an e-mail for support - which we do not have at the time. I will look into seeing if we can create one and upload the files here as well, rather than just the one 'other' site as I completely agree with you.

On another note, we also have the 737NG-series in the works which should be available beginning sometime this month, I have been posting periodic previews here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415969-tds-b737ng-series-preview/

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

I see this model as a truly major contribution to FS2004.

Judging by the literally thousands of downloads and dozens of repaints, I am not alone.

Really heartening to see, and many thanks to the TDS team. 

This model is way too good to be left as is..... will report back soon.

Great stuff... looking forward to a contrail or 2 as well!

our files are not available at Avsim because of the requirement to have an e-mail for support
I'm with Viper on this, it's a shame the files aren't here. Heck you can use my email address by way of my contribution if you like!

This aircraft, and all aircraft we make, are always open to improvements, and are never "off of the table," just because they have been released.

Don't be discouraged by Gwillmot's comments, he had 5 thumbs on the day he flew the model!

When he sees the light he will no doubt come back and contribute something with his considerable skills.

As the thread title suggests, we know this is a work in progress, and I'd see any apparent shortcomings rather as an opportunity for the community to get involved in further development!

As to the VC: the POSKY 777 really hit the spot for me.

I am not flying PMDG for good reason; I like a functional 2D panel for airliners which is where you do The Business.

But it's great to have just a bit of VC eye candy when taxiing around airports.

So I'd reckon that for the freeware segment this model is pitched at, the VC can be functionally fairly limited.

You've opened the door a crack with your comment; I am hoping that someone might pick up that challenge and contribute some gauge work.

It's actually almost easier in a freeware environment - there is just so much stuff to draw on.

I will see if I can follow up on this, just imagine...   :wub:

I'm with Viper on this, it's a shame the files aren't here. Heck you can use my email address by way of my contribution if you like!

The issue isn't so much that nobody on the team doesn't have an e-mail address. It's more of the fact that AVSIM requires the uploader to provide an e-mail for support purposes, so if your e-mail address were to be used, you would wind up getting all the support questions should somebody need support. At the present time, support is provided via the TDS Facebook group.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thank you Kev... any further thoughts on some vehicle repaints? 

If the FDE update is this file tds_787-8_fde_rev1.zip a lot still needs to be done.

The multiple contact points need to go (if you want your autobrakes to work)

Nose gear contact point is waaay behind the actual nose gear.

Static and pitch contact points need adjusting

Center tank needs to be move back (towards the c of g)

I have done all of the above including tweaking all the gear XML

Have just had a perfect AES pushback..

I am looking at adding effect strobes and beacons (effect strobes only lighting at flight flex)

This model is way too good to be left as is..... will report back soon.

After your testing regime, how about posting some of your changes in.cfg form?

Looks like there's some interest that could really go somewhere, and make this airplane shine!

It's good to see a thread like this on AVSIM, where the discourse is constructive and where all of us are talking, instead of bashing and flaming each other all the time!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Iv`e grounded my TDS B787 fleet,and await a FDE that cures it`s ails especially the No Auto Brakes caused by multiple contact points? that could answer other Posky ailments is there a correction for these ailments?

Sorry to hear there are several "problems" - perhaps if you had been less ambiguous and listed things out to improve, like what Ed just did, we can fix them. Otherwise, you just sound bitter for the sake of being bitter.

As you stated, several others have added detailed "problems" encountered with this aircraft.  I didn't feel the need to further respond as they are quite detailed.

As for being "bitter", that is your interpretation.  Sounds kinda defensive to me as I'm certainly not "bitter".  I was just stating a fact which has been backed up by others.  When this aircraft is "ready for prime time", I'll certainly be glad to reload, fly and enjoy.

I will give you an opinion though ...... there are way too many in this hobby with extremely thin skins and caustic attitudes and replies.

gwillmot

I will upload my interim fixes shortly.

That would be most awesome, edetroit! Many thanks for your testing, and making the 411 available for all to share!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Ok this is an interim fix. The file is with the default 777 panel

It includes my flap vortices effect and gauge to trigger it.

I say interim fix because fine tuning things like gear compression take a while to do.....but it should get people going with the contact points fixed.

This aircraft is overweight by default when you load it up. so you should reduce the fuel in the centre wing tank.

I have not attacked the passenger/baggage loading yet (I am not convinced by it's loading at the moment but I need to do some research.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2epdc4rvd17zew/TDS_FDE_interim_fix.zip

Iv`e grounded my TDS B787 fleet,and await a FDE that cures it`s ails especially the No Auto Brakes caused by multiple contact points? that could answer other Posky ailments is there a correction for these ailments?

An alternate autobrake panel was created by Project Opensky to address the issue of the autobrakes not working with multiple contact points. If you have the autobrake panel for the Project Opensky 777, that one can be used on the 787 as well.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.