Sign in to follow this  
JordanChin

PMDG 777 Released!

I got it and successfully made my first flight from KLAX to KSFO via the FMC.  Engines sound great!  Don't know if it is a feature but when going from wing view to the VC, fps dropped to about 28 fps then slowly went back up into the 60's.

Time to read the manual.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It took 40 mins for me to get through the purchase screens (constant time outs) but eventually I managed to buy (with PayPal).

Here's a tip - once you're paypal has gone through, you will probably time out again while trying to be re-directed back to the PMDG shop....

So just go to your emails and your receipt email from PMDG.... it has the Download Link and Serial Number in, and BANG! ....... mine downloaded (778Mb I believe it was) in 9 minutes.   :smile:

No time to fly it this evening though, but an hours bedtime reading is in order ..... RTFM!  Ha ha. :smile:

similar experience but i paid with my CC, and i had copied the url of the last position in the system so i could start over quicker on the next go round. I think there is some DOS attacks going on.

And right now i am simulating a fedex kont-klax md-11f flight. Later i will have time for T7.

Yes 90 is too much for me. The more we tolerate it the faster prices will keep moving up, and for far far junkier addons.

Obviously there's a market for this addon and I'm sure it will do well sale-wise. But it's definitely not for me at 90. I'd pick it up for 60 (even though I do limited tube liner flying) and I'd have to think really hard at 70.

Congrats to the people who have a copy and ate enjoying it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Got through instantly and downloaded installer at 1MB/s. liveries at 400KB/s. Thanks PMDG!

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Haven't finished my first flight yet but it's an absolutely amazing add-on so far. It feels so immersive and complete. It's really what floats your boat, though (or lifts your wing). For example, I know I'm not going to buy the A2A 172 because for me, the Cessna 172 just isn't interesting/fun enough of an airplane to spend $50 on. But that's just me!

Well I don't spend money on addons from companies that churn out unsatisfactory planes every 15 days. Most of us think that $90 is a bargain.

I would've paid $199.99 for a T7.

supporter.jpg

And I wouldn't.  I'm happy you're enjoying it and am not in any way unhappy I'm not.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

not for me at that price either, especially as airliner flying is not high on my list.

j41 and Q400 are about my limit

not for me at that price either, especially as airliner flying is not high on my list.

j41 and Q400 are about my limit

I keep thinking I want to get a PMDG jet, but I am not sure my fairly moderate PC (in FSX terms) would handle it very well, and I really get grumpy at low frame-rates and big time stutters - and to be honest, when I need a "jet fix" my QW757 works really well for me, just enough depth and a nice sim experience - but I do still hear the siren calling...

Stupid Question, Is the new 7 only available with a 3D cockpit and without a 2D?

Its VC only, just 2D pop ups. They dont do 2D panels any more going forward.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mhhhh...

First flight to FlyTampa's Dubai ended in an OOM. I have not seen an OOM error in a long time, and none so far on my new rig.

Not good.

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Outrageous pricing but I went ahead and bought it. Spent 2.5 hours in the cockpit so far getting to know the systems at KPAE, will take her for the flight home to ORD tomorrow night. The light system is absolutely ridiculous, I'm in awe. I wish they released it over the weekend so I could spend more time with it, I have to get up for work, final test of this beauty tomorrow.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Where are the liveries? where can I download em?

Its not in the livery menu in PMDG Page.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter