Sign in to follow this  

Nothing special...

...just some shots out of the VC, but it just looks so real...! FSX has never been better!

Plane: A2A C172R

Scenery: FTX Globlal plus Norwegian freeware

Environment: OpusFSX with REX clouds and skies

9759171345_940de509f9_o.jpg

9759243193_44128e1b84_o.jpg

9759158386_d5ab869862_o.jpg

9759161364_9324cc5471_o.jpg

9759168605_4464d56ac0_o.jpg

May I ask what REX sets you are sing? Im not too happy with the ones I'm using now, but these looks great:-) Want to copy:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

May I ask what REX sets you are sing? Im not too happy with the ones I'm using now, but these looks great:-) Want to copy:-)

Great shots! I'd also be keen to see your REX settings!

Sky: Graceful Rising (OD), Testing Testing (OD), REX Natural Dusk

Cloud: 21/Strato Cumulus, 32/Alto Cumulus HD Enabled

Everything else is disabled in REX (so FSX default). And btw, quite important, I think, I have everything set to a resolution of 512!!! I'm not a fan of HD clouds. Imho those 'low res clouds' look far more realistic.

The above textures were adviced to me by Nyxx and there is even is a REX-set named accordinly, so you should be able to install the entire set (including water animation and what not) with one click.

And btw too: I use OpusFSX but I have cirrus disabled so all the clouds you see are in fact 21/Strato Cumulus.

Anyway, I have used different textures in the past but this is by far the most realistic one, at least for the regions where I fly (Northern Europe). Don't forget that the color of the sky also has an impact on the overal color of the scenery. I never like those VERY BLUE skies you see so often.

Sky: Graceful Rising (OD), Testing Testing (OD), REX Natural Dusk

Cloud: 21/Strato Cumulus, 32/Alto Cumulus HD Enabled

Everything else is disabled in REX (so FSX default). And btw, quite important, I think, I have everything set to a resolution of 512!!! I'm not a fan of HD clouds. Imho those 'low res clouds' look far more realistic.

And btw too: I use OpusFSX but I have cirrus disabled so all the clouds you see are in fact 21/Strato Cumulus.

Thnx:-) Yeah, I've disabled the cirrus clouds in Opus as well. Unlike normal clouds, cirrus appears to be drawn like a circle thats not even close to the horizon and does not look good at all(an FSX "feature" and no fault of Opus). From a realistic perpective; I really can't remember ever seeing cirrus clouds above the A/C when reaching cruise going ENBR-ENGM or any other routes, so to me, the cirrus is "unrealistic" so to speak:-)

Will also try the 512 res, maybe that will help me out with the OOM's I'm getting with the PMDG T7. Only plane so far that gives me OOM...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Jeroen, you've converted me to 512 clouds! Cheers.

My pleasure.  ^_^

Thnx:-) Yeah, I've disabled the cirrus clouds in Opus as well. Unlike normal clouds, cirrus appears to be drawn like a circle thats not even close to the horizon and does not look good at all(an FSX "feature" and no fault of Opus). From a realistic perpective; I really can't remember ever seeing cirrus clouds above the A/C when reaching cruise going ENBR-ENGM or any other routes, so to me, the cirrus is "unrealistic" so to speak:-)

Will also try the 512 res, maybe that will help me out with the OOM's I'm getting with the PMDG T7. Only plane so far that gives me OOM...

I disabled cirrus for various reasons: 1. indeed the obvious circle you see, which travels along with you; 2. on my pc cirrus kept popping on and off in certain locations which looked even worse than clouds popping up; 3. the cirrus was too clearly a texture and quite often repetitive; 4. I had problems with double layers of cirrus, making all the above even worse. And yes, I also don't see it as often in real life as I did in FSX. Besides, who needs cirrus if you have skies like on those screenshots? ^_^  

Tried and found this way better than my own set. The 512x512 looks much better, which came as a huge suprise to be frank. I never gave it much thought, I just assumed HD is better...but how wrong was I? Happy as a camper now:-)