Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Nvidia 327.23 drivers?

Can you guys post how you have the inspector settings?

Thank you

I use the ones at the following link - http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim! I wasn't sure you were around.... You have the PMDG 737, right? Now the BIG question - Do you also have the DX10 Fixer installed?

Think you know the answer by now but yes, I own the DX10 Fixer and it is installed.  Awesome product!

I flew with the PMDG737 this morning and had no issues.  Works great!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No that was for a lighting question another user has, Rick. I was directing it to Jim (FireHawk)

For Firefox - I believe they have a "safe Mode", which can be launched from the Start button.

Re FSDT - take a look at your dll.xml and your exe.xml files - they're in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. They will tell you if you're running (or trying to run) "Couatl.exe" or "Addon Manager.exe"

You're looking for :-

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>                            in the dll.xml, and :-

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>                                           in the exe.xml

If the CTD's you're talking about happen when you start FSX - then these are looking for their programs, and crashing when they can't find them.

Think you know the answer by now but yes, I own the DX10 Fixer and it is installed.  Awesome product!

Best regards,

Jim

What I needed to know, Jim, was "Does the external lighting system work properly on the PMDG 737?"

Les has done a test in both DX9 and DX10, and confirms this is the case. Normal. If you'd like to add some reinforcement - we woiuld both be very sure of our case..!

Mucho Nachos!

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Don't have DX10 but DX11.

Hi Rick,

Everyone has DX11 as that's the latest and greatest but no FSX or FSX addons can utilize DX11.  Not to worry though as DirectX is backwards compatible.  That's why people who own FS9 can use DX11 compatible video cards but in DX9 only.

The error message your received in the image indicates you need to uninstall and reinstall your video card drivers.  When you reinstall them, make sure you right click and select Run as Administrator.  You can also revert back to the older drivers.  So far I have no problems with the new drivers (327.23).  Another reason for the crash is if you are trying to overclock your video card in any way.  You will get this error 100% of the time when you do that.

Best regards,

Jim

What I needed to know, Jim, was "Does the external lighting system work properly on the PMDG 737?"

Les has done a test in both DX9 and DX10, and confirms this is the case. Normal. If you'd like to add some reinforcement - we woiuld both be very sure of our case..!

Mucho Nachos!

peej

I did fly the 737NGX at night in and around Chicago and the exterior lighting looked great.  In fact, I was thinking the lighting looked just as good as what I saw when the 777 was first released.  But, I will look again to make sure and post back here if I see an anomaly or issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Forgive me, meant to thank you for your tip about where to put that .nip file that Paul J sent me. Now, do I need that DX 10 Fixer, if so, where do I get it from?

Back to my issue. Thanks for the DX11 explanation. I'm sure I ran that latest driver as an Administrator as I did a clean install as it asks. Only thing I've o/c'd is the CPU and even then, a mild o/c from 2.4Ghz to 3.02GHz, the Gigabyte GTX560Ti is running at stock settings. When I was in Vegas, as my sister had bought it from Amazon, I returned it to Gigabyte in Ca., paid a fortune for US Post, and all they did was send it back to me minus all the original Gigabyte box saying that they could find no fault.

Stenson running away with ToC?

@Paul

I have no issues with Add-on Manager or Couatl. It's just that immediately after running that NI settings, I now get the 2 freight loaders go to the same rear cargo doors where as previously after installing the latest AM and Coautl, they were doing what FSDT had supposedly fixed, i.e. one loader to front cargo door, and the other to the rear(pax version), and despite the L Entry door already being open, GSX is still asking for that L Entry 2 door to be opened. Case of left-hand has no idea what right is doing!

No, the CTD's only happen when using Firefox 23 coz I tested surfing with IE10, and had no issues. I don't even have to be in FSX. I could be using Gmail, and, bang, it'll all of a sudden go CTD. 

Hope I have managed to explain myself a bit lucidly. And thanks to you and Jim.

Oddly I was checking out the night lighting on the NGX this afternoon. All the external lighting works. The navigation lights cast a nice glow on the ground, and you can see them from the back and front logo light works, taxi lights runway lights and main beam lol the strobes strobe so for me with the new fixer all is ok.

Couple of small notes and that is the top strobe light does look a little large to me and can't say I've noticed it looking like that before and to be honest its probably been like that forever, but didn't switch to DX9 to check. So perhaps that is just me or how my system is set up. Secondly, the Nav lights are like pin heads but I know they have always looked like that for me even with the free files.

While I was writing this I realised that months and months ago I installed some Rex textures so it could be these that are influencing things. Note to self to go check tomorrow.

I'm giving this one a miss as in the 327.23 notes it says:-

Flight Simulator X–pressing Alt+Tab to switch to the desktop does not work. [293729]

Can anyone confirm this or does it work for them using this driver?

Wow they actually referenced FSX in the notes?!?  Incredible...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Funny indeed, but I didn't experience that. Maybe some will. You can always revert.

@ mattius

Seems like you may have a thing there, because I just tried to switch from speeding up the sim 4x back to normal on a OMDB-EGCC longhaul, and bang, I get a CTD with ntddll.dll error. Boy, this hobby can get so, so frustrating and maddening at times. Just wasted 4 hours for nothing. If it's not an add-on manager then it's a driver, if it's not that, then, it's something else. Grrr-rrr!

I second that. However, it's been a long long time since I had an error with fsx. You need to know how to tame this beast!  :lol:

I use the ones at the following link - http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, do you use the basic or advanced settings? I tried both but did not notice any difference in image quality and was wondering if you did. I'm using DX9.

VC10 Man, in the above link Jim, referenced, it says that the advanced settings may cause what you just experienced with increaseing the simulation rate. Hope it helps.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

This is beginning to get crazier by the minute. I decided to check Nvidia Inspector. Only a few hours ago I used Paul J's guide to set it up with the MS FSX Profile.Guess what? All of sudden Nvidia or something has now wiped all those settings and taken it back to Global_Driver_Profile. And all I did since a few hours ago is carry out Windows Updates, suffer a CTD with that ntddll.dll error. So, how on earth did a profile that I set revert to default? If this is not enough to kick this hobby into touch and maybe take up gun-running, I don't know what else there is!!

Thanks for that h/up, Ted.

I reckon I'm going to park this hobby in the hangar for a while, and go back to something as exciting as Train Simulator!

I'm willing to offer help via teamviewer if you wish. Send me a PM.

All of sudden Nvidia or something has now wiped all those settings and taken it back to Global_Driver_Profile. And all I did since a few hours ago is carry out Windows Updates, suffer a CTD with that ntddll.dll error. So, how on earth did a profile that I set revert to default?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.