Sign in to follow this  
13ifs40

Possible UiAutomation Core problem

good day

I just got a bring new computer and I have installed FSX with  acceleration in and tried to do a flight with the PMDG Queen

after about 2 hours it did a CTD

now I am 99 percent sure it has to do with the UiAutomation Core problem

Now is it possible someone out there could give me detail steps into how to fix this

I am not to computer smart so please make it as detailed as possible

thanks

Ian Snow

I'm 110% sure your computer did not crash while repeatedly hitting the FSX Menu.  That's the only "fix" the uiautomationcore.dll fixes.

Now, if you find the correct version of the uiautomationcore.dll and place it in your main FSX folder, you will think it works or fixed your problem because you shutdown FSX and restarted it.  You might have even shutdown Windows and restarted it too.  These actions will free up memory and, when you restart FSX, your sim will look like it was brand new and running perfectly.  But I invite you to take a look throughout this CTD forum and you will see so many crashes here with the uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx folder it will make your head swim.  This is why you should download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and copy and paste the latest crash report here for analysis.  This report shows exactly what was in your FSX main folder and will tell us whether you have the uiautomationcore.dll in that folder.  This is how I can prove that people who have the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx folder still had CTD's.  It only fixes Menu crashes.

I recently discovered that a FSX software program was installing a wrong version of the Uiautomationcore.dll. You need to have Version 6.0.5840.16386 installed. This is the one I recommend if you are going to place a copy of the dll in your main fsx folder.  I had it there for a couple of days but say crashes so have removed it and the crashes are gone.  If you do not remove the dll or use the wrong version, you will get a freeze, an apphang, or ctd. The correct version (the one I recommend) is located in the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide - http://forum.avsim.n...-software-guide. Click on the latest version of the guide and then go to Page 17. Once you download the version you will have to rename it to Uiautomationcore.dll and then drop it in your Main FSX folder.  If you get additional crashes or anomalies, simply suspect this first as the problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi

thanks for your help Jim

I managed to fix my problem

now my new problem is not having enough time to fly

but I think I work that out easy enough

Ian Snow