Hi there, 

After doing a reformat,  i accidentally deleted Nvidea inspector. Being stupid i didnt write down the settings that i originally had.

When i went back into FSX, my cockpit looks quite Miserable, I have zoom in the flight deck set to 0.95% it seems writing on the panels ect look very hard to read. In FSX I have the global texture resolution set to Very high. Just wondering in the Nvidea inspector for FSX, which setting controls what the flight deck textures look like ?

Jack 

To start out, make sure your FSX resolution matches your Windows Display resolution.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Jack, I would start with the fsx configuration guide which can be found to the right of your original post.

Bob

I was just going to mention that Bob! The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide has excellent recommended settings for NI. Look under Hot Spots to the right of this forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Did you originally have satisfiable AA and no jaggies? I had originally copied what Tabs (Ryan) had put up on the PMDG forums, but compared to what settings I have in NI now it doesn't even come close! My FSX has never looked so good, seriously, its absolutely gorgeous!! Now thats with my own custom settings using DX10.

If you try out these settings I promise you, you will be glad you deleted your NVIDIA Inspector in the first place!

NOTE: make sure you put Vsync to 1/2 refresh rate.

10255061_1486857211548631_47756570799061

10271400_1486857208215298_75932175639887

Did you originally have satisfiable AA and no jaggies? I had originally copied what Tabs (Ryan) had put up on the PMDG forums, but compared to what settings I have in NI now it doesn't even come close! My FSX has never looked so good, seriously, its absolutely gorgeous!! Now thats with my own custom settings using DX10.

If you try out these settings I promise you, you will be glad you deleted your NVIDIA Inspector in the first place!

NOTE: make sure you put Vsync to 1/2 refresh rate.

10255061_1486857211548631_47756570799061

10271400_1486857208215298_75932175639887

You have used quiet a different approach here.

I am going to try it to see if I gain quality and smoothness.

What are your settings inside FSX regarding , AA, AF and framerate ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What are your settings inside FSX regarding , AA, AF and framerate ?

AA is ticked in FSX with Anisotropic filtering. Framerate is set to Unlimited, with ForceFullScreenVSync=1. I am still tweaking a bit more to gain that extra frame rate or two. I found that limiting frame rates to 30 with in NVIDIA Inspector and setting frames to Unlimited in FSX gave me a performance boost of about 5-7fps in DX10.

EDIT - do external frame limiters work?

External framerate limiters work but most people feel that the internal framerate limiter works best.

Read : the minimum fps are higher with the internal framerate limiter.

You can do the FSX mark 11 test ( at the hardware forum ) to see with what settings you get the best fps.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hit the link in my sig and you shall be redeemed. Shamrock's screenshots miss the correct display for labels, which makes it unnecessarily more difficult. Shamrock, look down right, it says "missing..." click on that, it will fix your Inspector (if that's yours indeed).

Go to the link in my sig and you shall be redeemed. Shamrock's screenshots miss the correct display for labels, which makes it unnecessarily more difficult. Shamrock, look down right, it says "missing..." click on that, it will fix your Inspector (if that's yours indeed).

For some reason clicking on the missing tab always results this error - 

ERROR_zps738066cf.png

Just re-download latest Inspector. The profiles aren't saved within Inspector, they're saved in the gpu driver database. Inspector is only a tool for displaying and further altering driver properties per game. You can basically make the same changes via the default Nvidia control panel. Inspector is solely a more elaborate tool to do that.

Just re-download latest Inspector. The profiles aren't saved within Inspector, they're saved in the gpu driver database. Inspector is only a tool for displaying and further altering driver properties per game. You can basically make the same changes via the default Nvidia control panel. Inspector is solely a more elaborate tool to do that.

Something as simple as that, and there was me googling on how to fix it....thanks so much Adi! 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.