Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Outstanding NI settings

Man found this thread which has been locked no idea why - should be a sticky - these settings are amazing - image quality blows away anything I have tried - also performance at first glance is super and no stutters - yet to try the axe with them - only thing I did change is the adaptive vertical sync tear = adaptive and 38 fps locked in P3D slider for my monitor   -  wow thanks to original poster

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429212-aa-workaround-for-nvidia-cards/

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard - 

I am running a 780 GTX and I am going to try this but just don't want to "over tweak" NI setting.  I am assuming I just need to use the bioshock setting, set AA_mode_Method_SuperSample_4X_Bias and set MSAA to 4X in P3d 2.2. Do I leave all the other AA settings as default? Is the Antialias transparent Supersampling to be 4X sparse Grid as well. 

Will you please post your NI setting.

thanks,

Daniel

Dan follow exactly what you see in the ni screenshot - I am not at home - your not over tweaking anything just make sure the lines in the screenshot match yours, let me know how you make out

Also not shown in screenshot ( only thing I did change is the adaptive vertical sync tear = adaptive )

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard - Yes, it looks better. Much less shimmering and not a huge FPS reduction. I am hoping that the next set of Nvidia drivers will be updated to help support P3D and AA.

Thanks Richard - Yes, it looks better. Much less shimmering and not a huge FPS reduction. I am hoping that the next set of Nvidia drivers will be updated to help support P3D and AA.

Agreed. I really hope LM have a good word with Nvidia about it and use their weight. 

Adam

"Thanks Richard - Yes, it looks better. Much less shimmering and not a huge FPS reduction. I am hoping that the next set of Nvidia drivers will be updated to help support P3D and AA."

Glad it worked out for you Dan - well done

Rich Sennett

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Man found this thread which has been locked no idea why - should be a sticky - these settings are amazing - image quality blows away anything I have tried - also performance at first glance is super and no stutters - yet to try the axe with them - only thing I did change is the adaptive vertical sync tear = adaptive and 38 fps locked in P3D slider for my monitor   -  wow thanks to original poster

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429212-aa-workaround-for-nvidia-cards/

Richard, that topic was moved to the "Tips and Tricks" forum and locked so it would not get "lost". Too many "sticky" posts in the main discussion forum simply makes it too difficult to manage, which is why selected posts that contain good information are archived there.

On the other hand, "Tips and Tricks" is not a "discussion forum," hence I've now moved this thread back to the main P3D discussion forum... :Cuppa:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I made a montage of basic settings screenshots for FSX, but is much the same for P3D, just the basic AA. FSX Nvidea AA Setup:

nvidiaAA4.jpg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Rich, let me add my 'thumb's up' to these settings.  Even the water looks better...more clear wave animation. I just took off out of Seiku 11S, and verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice!

Thanks for sharing!   Back to the flight. I've been hanging out quite a lot in PNW, these past few days....mostly coastal flights.... :)

Mitch

Post Edit:  Rich...I owe you a beer...or three....the best settings yet!   I am at 12,000 feet over a beautiful fjord, and I think if I try...I can count the needles down there on some great looking conifers.... 

I was just thinking about that other chap's thread on what does Flight Sim'ming mean to you?

Answer:  It means what I am seeing as totally real life....down there, with P3D full bloomin' wide open...and what a gorgeous world P3D 2.2 can render...WOW......that's what flight sim'ming means to me. Not how smooth the instrument inside the cockpit is...but how REAL the world looks...and for that...I am happy to plutz around at 17 FPS and higher...for that..it is worth it.

THAT'S what running a flight sim means to me....  :lol:

If the VC views look a bit crumpled, try adjusting the 'AA Transparency' setting.

I found sometimes settings won't adjust properly so I first set the NVidia Control Panel to defaults, and Apply those before making intended adjustments, and finally go into NI.

Thanks for bringing it up Richard, the AA settings can often cause confusion.I spent all afternoon having a play with different settings still seems daunting. :blink:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

"Richard, that topic was moved to the "Tips and Tricks" "

Thank you Bill so many posts - a lot can get lost in translation and I am not getting any younger lol  :lol: 

=========================================================

Post Edit:  Rich...I owe you a beer...or three....the best settings yet!   I am at 12,000 feet over a beautiful fjord, and I think if I try...I can count the needles down there on some great looking conifers.... 

Mitch awesome news much thanks to the original poster - I could not believe the difference in the visual quality - had to share my findings asap  - take care Mitch

=======================================================

Thanks for bringing it up Richard, the AA settings can often cause confusion.I spent all afternoon having a play with different settings still seems daunting.

Great stuff Steve - when I get home tonight have to digest all of this - you are the man.

Rich Sennett

"Bookmarked."

As it should be I was truly  amazed - wonder how this would work in fsx - I 'll never know lol

Rich Sennett