Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Had a Good Laugh at the "new" Definitive Guide to FTX Products

Many years ago I posted somewhere joking about needing to get a "Configure Panel" to help configure all the "Configure Panels"...at that time there was UTX, GEX, Vancouver+, Victoria+, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, and soon came along REX, and UK2000 Airports, and the FTX with all its regions, airports....its a veritable nightmare of configuration panels and control panels for scenery and planes.

I was thinking that I might now move in the FTX Global scenery and associated Vector and NOW the new Europe LC.

Well I just broke out laughing with myself when I saw the most recent post over at FTX about the scope and complexity of the FTX products especially with the addition of the landclass products.  I saw all sorts of talk about getting the layers in the right places and switches in control panels being set in the correct position for things to work as planned.

So now there is a new schematic posted showing six difference flying scenarios drawn out with instructions on which switch to set where depending upon the type of flying you intend to embark upon.  Heck you'll need to print it off in colour and make a wall posted to understand what you need to do.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I don't understand the problem. I have all the FTX regions installed along with Global and Vector. There is nothing complicated at all about this scenery. You just select the region and fly. What's so hard about that?

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Doug,

Some people just want to make it WAY harder than it is.

Doug and Jim...this is a light hearted post, nobody said it was a problem. Your responses are a perfect example of how over stressed people are these days. Gees.  It's a humous look at actually how complex it can be, all the steps to configuring planes, scenery before you can even get into the air  post, just having fun at all the configures there are out there in order to fly these days.

Go to FTX look up the post with the new diagram. It has multi coloured arrrows, flight descriptions, it in itself is a complicated diagram, with written instructions, first ask this, second ask that, third ask that again and your good to go.  And obviously you are not one of those who are having problems.  There are a myraid of posts about problems getting the layers correct, when to press the hybrid mode, when to do this and when to do that....this is why they are updating their guide which admits right in bold print that it's complicated.  It's called irony....saying how simple it is and then putting out a multi coloured guided with complicated instructions to tell you how easy it is.

gees guys lighten up....

Near CAM3

I appreciate ORBX' effort on the guide but they made it too much fine print and too little big points, IMO.

The flight examples for the FTX Central modes are actually quite useful for a number of users, I think.

And now, 'definitive girl guide' anyone? Julian, maybe???   :lol:

Heck you'll need to print it off in colour and make a wall posted to understand what you need to do.

I rely on the The Cliff's Notes guide:

1) install new product

2) install latest orbxlibs

In my particular case, it works perfect for FTX Global, Vector, LC EU, 12 regions, 10 payware airports, over 100 freeware airports, and counting...

I have been thinking of getting Global, Vector and the new Land Class.  Was just keeping up on how things are going with these products....of course I think the guide is useful but it sure struck a funny bone.

I'm thinking that it would be easier of Orbx folks just get the bloody regions done for Europe.  I would rather they concentrate in pumping out regions. 

As it is I tend to only fly the regions.

Near CAM3

I agree, regions are better. No question. But don't underestimate the value of Open LC. The quality will surprise you. It's a serious upgrade to Global.

No way Orbx will cover the entire planet in region-quality landclass, textures and models - but LC will get you sufficiently close to warrant a purchase. 

Many years ago I posted somewhere joking about needing to get a "Configure Panel" to help configure all the "Configure Panels"...at that time there was UTX, GEX, Vancouver+, Victoria+, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, and soon came along REX, and UK2000 Airports, and the FTX with all its regions, airports....its a veritable nightmare of configuration panels and control panels for scenery and planes.

I was thinking that I might now move in the FTX Global scenery and associated Vector and NOW the new Europe LC.

Well I just broke out laughing with myself when I saw the most recent post over at FTX about the scope and complexity of the FTX products especially with the addition of the landclass products.  I saw all sorts of talk about getting the layers in the right places and switches in control panels being set in the correct position for things to work as planned.

So now there is a new schematic posted showing six difference flying scenarios drawn out with instructions on which switch to set where depending upon the type of flying you intend to embark upon.  Heck you'll need to print it off in colour and make a wall posted to understand what you need to do.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan,

Where did you see that recent post on FTX?  I looked in the General Discussion forum and in the Release announcement forum but couldn't find any diagram.

I smiled when reading your post: I like your sense of humor  :smile:

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Thanks Olivier,  I hadn't looked in the Support Forum.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I don't think the diagram is confusing at all. The 6 flight plan scenarios can simply be boiled down to 1 of 3 settings in FTX Central:

1) If flying only in a full FTX region, set Central to that region.

2) If flying between a full FTX region and a non - FTX region, set Central to the FTX region and check the hybrid box.

3) If flying in a non-FTX region, set Central to Global.

Easy peasy. ;o)

Cheers,

Todd

Doug and Jim...this is a light hearted post, nobody said it was a problem. Your responses are a perfect example of how over stressed people are these days. Gees.

Bryan  -  No stress here :rolleyes: . I didn't mean to sound like a smart***. But folks really need to know how easy the ORBX scenery is to install and use. Not to mention that it will change one's whole simming experience. I agree that some users are way over the top when trying to layer an apple pie over a chocolate cake. Gees....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I use Global-Hybrid everywhere I go, get's the job done right!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato