Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Problems with DX10SF and SweetFX

Hi all!

I decided I wanted to try the DX10SF. I became so frustrated with OOM I just had to give it a try. However, I've been using SweetFX in normal DX9 mode forever and Im very pleased with this setting http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/330/ which gives FSX a more natural look instead of the bright greyish look, especially during daytime. 

When I apply SweetFX in DX10 mode, I can observe that the correct colour appears when the aircraft (spinning in the menu) is jagging/lagging in the start. But after a few seconds the aircraft stops jagging, but the colour changes into a very dark mode and seems to loose all its anti-aliasing. Are there any fixes towards this? I've seen plenty of people combining the DX10SF with SweetFX settings, but I can't seem to get it to work properly.

- I have tried turning on the FXAA in Nvidia Inspector settings

- I have tried using a different injector program such as FlightFX

- I have played around with the settings of many presets but no changes

Please :)

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

You might need to use some SweetFX settings that work with DX10. I am not sure which of the settings is causing the issue described. A comparison of the .cfg files may help you.

FYI, there is no need to click the Post key 4 times. Now there are 4 of the same post all 2 minutes apart. Just click once and give the forum software time to process your post.

I'm sorry. Everytime I posted it ended with an error.

I did use SweetFX settings that are supposedly to work with DX10. In addition, Im using version 1.5. What .cfg file are you talking about? The FSX.cfg or the sweetFX preset? 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The SweetFX file.

Might want to Search AVSIM for suggestions.

I'm sorry. Everytime I posted it ended with an error.

I did use SweetFX settings that are supposedly to work with DX10. In addition, Im using version 1.5. What .cfg file are you talking about? The FSX.cfg or the sweetFX preset? 

PM me and happy to share mine ;-)

André

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I'm the creator of that config,

I had managed to make a v1.5 version that looked 99% like my original but being frustrated with DX10, after I've gone back to DX9 and restored everything, I deleted the config like the stupid bloke I am.

All I can tell you is this:

- Get SFX 1.5

- Set "Curves" to either 0.4/5/6

- Turn on "Lift Gamma Gain" and use

1.0/1.0/1.0 for the first settings row

Between 1.7 and 2.5 for the second.

1.0/1.0/1.0 for the third.

- Turn on "Tonemap" and play with the settings.

To get a good comparison, turn off sweetfx and screencap your FSX menu. Then paste it into Photoshop and add contrast to +100. Compare what you get with SFX vs the screenshot. Because this is basically what my 1.4 config does, add contrast so I don't have to when I edit my shots xD

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png