Sign in to follow this  
stryder011

21:9 aspect ratio monitors for P3D

Hi

Is anyone using a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor for P3D or gaming in general.

I currently use a 30" HP monitor @ 2560x1600. Really want to enhance the experience by getting an expanded FOV. Have looked at the triple screen setups but just can't get myself to commit due to the bezel infringement, color shifts between monitors etc...

Was looking at the LG 34UM95-P. It can do 3440x1440. Would be interested to hear about any experiences if anyone has tried it or something similar in this aspect ration.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UM95-P-ultrawide-monitor

Hello I have the same monitor LG 34UC97-S and just love it.

I came from http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/business/business-products/business-monitor/lcd/LS23MUQHB/XT.

Which was a nice setup but killed frames for flightsim. I am selling the above Samsung monitor :)

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I currently have a Dell 30" running at 2560x1600 but wonder if my i7-950@4.0GHz and GTX760 4GB will be able to cope with the higher resolution! 

Hi, i have this one and i love it ! 

Hello I have the same monitor LG 34UC97-S and just love it.

Wow, nice, I'd love it too if I had one! Time to check out the prices... ;)

EDIT

Prices checked, cc stil in pocket for the time being... ;)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Anyone know if 4GB of video ram is enough for a monitor such as this? Apparently 8GB versions of the GTX970 and GTX980 will be released next month! 

Well I am running sli 970 and both are 4gb. I tried just one card and all worked just fine. If you are not in a rush I would say just hold out. Do you have an article regarding the incoming 8gb cards? I just purchased my 970s and I might return them if that's the case.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Those curved LG monitors are a good compromise between 3 screens with bezels and a 4k monitor, neither of which is really good for FSX or Prepar3D V2 at this time due to poor performance and/or OOM.

3440 x 1440 LG curved = 4.9 million pixels

5760 x 1080( no bezel correction) = 6.2 million pixels

Typical 4K 3840 x 2160 = 8.2 million pixels

SLI nets you exactly zero performance since it won't work properly in FSX and P3D and probably never will.

So you can see with the LG you have a nice wide curved surface with a bit more height than a 3 screen setup yet you don't overload your GPU and have less of a chance for OOM's It's a win all around.

I've done literally hundreds of FPS tests and that 3440 is a nice resolution , just on the border before your performance starts to go into the tank.

4K isn't ready for prime time on either sim until they got to 64 bit AND aren't hobbled by single thread CPU performance 

As for the TV's I'm, sorry a big TV isn't cutting it the pixels are just too big and the 120 and 240 refresh rates just don't work on a PC that well. 4k is a headache and don't fool yourself into thinking you have a fast enough system to make it work. It'll only lead to sadness. ( Mind you I'm only talking of FSX / P3D)

Hi

Is anyone using a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor for P3D or gaming in general.

I currently use a 30" HP monitor @ 2560x1600. Really want to enhance the experience by getting an expanded FOV. Have looked at the triple screen setups but just can't get myself to commit due to the bezel infringement, color shifts between monitors etc...

Was looking at the LG 34UM95-P. It can do 3440x1440. Would be interested to hear about any experiences if anyone has tried it or something similar in this aspect ration.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UM95-P-ultrawide-monitor

And you know that once you go with this monitor, you WILL want to see how 3 of them would look like! hahaha That would look awesome!

BTW, that monitor does look great!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

How cool is this monitor eh!?  :lol:  But I'm so hooked on a large screen now with my Bravia HDTV that I've got to have something bigger. 50" anyone?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)