Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

my nvidea says its running direct11 how can i change that to 9 as i;m told fsx likes that better. the papi approach lights are very blurry tho everything else is great. What are the selectors on the right side od the captains yoke. THE HEADING SELECTOR has a 10. 20, 30 selector as the outer ring what is it for. love this sim... can anyone help? TIA

What are the selectors on the right side od the captains yoke.

It is a reminder for whatever you want.  I set the flight number in it.  I've seen others use it for the assigned heading after takeoff.  It does not actually do anything.

THE HEADING SELECTOR has a 10. 20, 30 selector as the outer ring what is it for.

It's the bank angle limiter.  The airplane will not bank beyond what is set in the HDG and VOR modes.  It has no effect on LNAV.

my nvidea says its running direct11 how can i change that to 9 as i;m told fsx likes that better. the papi approach lights are very blurry tho everything else is great. What are the selectors on the right side od the captains yoke. THE HEADING SELECTOR has a 10. 20, 30 selector as the outer ring what is it for. love this sim... can anyone help? TIA

You dont need to change your nvidia settings - your card may be DX11 but will run any previous version as well. So it will run FSX DX9 no problem.

You may want to read the FSX nvidia inspector guid as to how to set up your sim properly.

Also, on the PMDG forums they want you to sign your real name on your posts (can be set up in your signature)

Thank  all very much for your help. Now can anyone explain why my papi approach lights at the runway threshold have gone big and very blurry?

TIA Len Carne

Thank  all very much for your help. Now can anyone explain why my papi approach lights at the runway threshold have gone big and very blurry?

TIA Len Carne 

Can you provide more info, like graphics settings, etc?

Thank all very much for your help. Now can anyone explain why my papi approach lights at the runway threshold have gone big and very blurry?

TIA Len Carne

If you are running a wide screen resolution (multi mon, etc), your approach lights will bloom out. There is a simple fix to add to your cfg ( vatsim light scaler = 1.0, or something like that) a simple google should lead you in the right direction. I think my setting is something like 0.3.

yes I have 3 screens now so thats the issue. can you be more specific I tried googling...

yes I have 3 screens now so thats the issue. can you be more specific I tried googling...

Just mentioning for a second time if you don't sign your posts with your full name, you will get the whole thread removed.

Tri-monitor setups can be a bit tricky to configure, can you supply system specs, settings and possibly screenshots so we can try to help you further?