Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Unable to log into Avsim Forums after logging out

I am unable to log onto the Avsim Forum Website after logging out. I have three computers and each time I logged out was unable to get back on the website. Each time after logging out I get the dreaded 503 message.

This post was done using my iPad which I havnt logged out on.

Any ideas, I also cannot log on from any other computer.

Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I cannot find any reason on the server why you cannot log on again after logging out.  Our system shows nothing wrong with your account.  You might try clearing your browser cache as maybe your computer thinks you are still online.  Why are you logging out?  If you continue to have problems, please send an e-mail to the forum at avsim dot com.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have no idea why this is happening.

I even tried from another computer at work and get the 503 error.

The website 'is it down right now' shows Avsim.net has been down for everyone for 19 hours!

At this stage I cannot even get onto the website apart from my iPad which I have not logged out on.

If this is happening to others they will be unable to log a problem on the forums.

I reiterate......I was unable to access Avsim.net after logging off. If I didn't log off the website was accessible as per normal.

Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I got a 503 error yesterday afternoon for about 5 minutes but it's worked fine since then.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got a 503 error yesterday afternoon for about 5 minutes but it's worked fine since then.

try logging off Avsim then on the same computer access the Avsim forums.

Did you manage to log back in.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Finally able to log in!

Andrew Dixon

Did you manage to log back in.

Thanks

Andrew

You're right. I logged off last night and was unable to get back in until this morning. I shouldn't have tested it since I got 503 errors after I logged out and had no more Avsim last night after that.

You're right. I logged off last night and was unable to get back in until this morning. I shouldn't have tested it since I got 503 errors after I logged out and had no more Avsim last night after that.

That confirms an issue at Avsim and not specifically with my ISP. I too am back on line.

Andrew Dixon

I'll never log off again, lol.