Sign in to follow this  
SledheadAK

Weather Radar for FSX:SE / P3D

The install of Rolands Radar doesnt work for me.

I have downloaded the zip from flysimware, I have installed the gauge, the panel cfg, I have downloaded and installed the VC2013 C++ x86 libraries (they were already installed before)

I have tested both FSX-SE and P3Dv2.5 Both are fresh installs, 3 and 1 week respectively

Result: No Radar and both sims crashed (CTD)

Both sims are installed on a flightsim dedicated PC with a fresh Win 7 installed. I think everything up to date. I havent had any CTD on the 2 sims since I reinstalled everything, so I do, of course, dislike that it happened.

I have of course rolled back what I did. deleted gauge and panel.cfg and tested that the MU loads in the sims, which it does. Besides that I havent tested. I´m tired and have "square" eyes. I have used hours on this radar and nothing possitive to be found there for me.

So as a follow up, could someone please confirm if this is right or wrong. To me it looks wrong, but I´m just a FS-tinker:

This is from the downloadable panel.cfg from the flysimware website:

In the window titles and the (WCocpit) section it says RolASNRadar WX Radar

In (Window04) it says Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar

I dont think thats correct

[Window Titles]
Window00=CONTROL_PANEL
Window01=AIRCRAFT_OPTIONS
Window02=GPS_PANEL
Window03=INSTRUCTIONS
Window04=RolASNRadar WX Radar

[Window04]
size_mm=525,386
window_size=0.44
position=2
background_color=1,1,1
visible=0
type=special
ident=11223
zorder=1
gauge00=WXR!wr_display, 81,32,364,279
gauge01=Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar, 0,0,525,386

[VCockpit34]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$RDR150
background_color=0,0,0

//gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,512,380
//gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

gauge00=RolasnRadar!ConeRadGauge,85,40,335,265, sweep|beam|icing
gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

Wel, I have given up. Its been hours of tweaking and I cant make it work. I have even tried installing it as a simple popup in the C172 and all I get is a black screen.

I´m VERY tired of this Radar gauge

And yes, I have the VC++2013 x86 installed and have had them all the time.

I just tried to install it also. Didn't work for me. I installed the RolASNRadar.dll and the required entry into the panel cfg. After selecting my aircraft and airport, I pressed the "Fly Now" button. FSX-SE (Win 10 Pro) crashed with a message stating "FSX has encountered a fatal error". I then removed the DLL from the gauges folder, restarted FSX and loaded the same aircraft/airport. All was fine.

I wish FlySimWare would come up with a decent radar. Hate that big black box doing nothing in the middle of the panel.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Did you tried to load the sim first with a default aircraft (mean which do not use the gauge), and then select the good one .

It seems to work for some users to avoid CTD.

Not spend time yet to find out...as I don't have this issue on my system.

Which Sim & OS are you running?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the reply.

I  always first load that powered glider thing (I believe that is the default aircraft the sim loads).

I'm using FSX-SE and Windows 10 Pro.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not going to go messing about changing the default aircraft the sim loads since everything else is working perfectly.

Regards,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Anyone get this to work in P3Dv3?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok - I'll give it another go. BTW, does ASN need to be running for it to work?

My problem was that after install, Clicking on the VC panel brought up a black rectangle but nothing else. None of the click spots on the gauge it self were working - couldn't turn it on/off or anything but pop it up.

I have the GTN750 installed also

I used the dll downloaded from Avsim and the panel.cfg file in the downloaded radar zip file.

EDIT: got it sorted out - just manually edited the panel.cfg file.

Nice!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sure it works under v3

I am thinking of buying the aircraft sim.

I have the GTN 750 (a big draw to the aircraft) and the WX from Reality.

I don't think the Reality Gauge will work in P3dv3, (no support for P3d)  so the "Roland" gauge looks OK.

One problem though, I use FS Global real Weather!  Will it or wont it work with that?

If not then the whole thing is a moot point.

The Aerosoft Airbus has a superb weather radar that does work with FSGRW, just wondering if its the same as ASN?

Regards

David 

One problem though, I use FS Global real Weather!  Will it or wont it work with that?

No my gauge won't work with this weather engine. It's based on the ASN API.

Sorry

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites