Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

Pasting url links in posts

Hi

Lately I have not been able to place links in posts on the AVSIM forums.  I usually just copy the website link from the address bar and paste it into my posts.  When I go to start a new post or reply to one, the copied website link does not want to paste into my post??  I am running Win8.1 on my Surface Pro tablet. 

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The only way I have been able to do it with any browser (I have IE11 and FireFox installed) is to hit the BBCode Mode icon in the upper left corner of the post and paste the link.  Sometimes that doesn't work after I hit the post link and I have to go back and edit the post and try pasting it again and that usually works.  There is so much security thrown into these browsers because of evil people trying to break in ( I assume they do not have a hobby like Flight Simming).  Tom recently stated in Hangar Chat he plans on doing a major upgrade in the future.  Do not know if that will fix this issue though. 

If you look a few topics down, this topic has been discussed quite a bit recently.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10